SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

No longer see imported videos

This really has me stumped. One day went to import something into my imported videos directory. I rescanned the directory (it is set up correctly and looking at the right folder), and went to look for the video under media center. But not only did i not find it there, but i am also missing most of the videos that were (still are physically) in the directory (i can see and play the files out of windows explorer. Only two .avi videos are in there, out of maybe 30 that should be -- cant figure why those show and others do not.

Anyone know of a flag that could have gotten reset, or anything else? Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Sage User

I'm now having the same problem. The videos in my Import Directories no longer show in the Media Center Videos list.

Prior to this disappearance, I had not made a change to my configuration in a long time.

I've tried deleting the entries in Setup, rebooting, and then adding the Import Directories again - I could add them, but SageTV (v6.6) still doesn't pick up the videos when it does a rescan.

However, I can use the "Browse Media Files", "Browse Import Library Paths" and see the videos -- and play them. They just don't show in the videos list as they always have.

I'm running SageTV v6.6 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage User

Well, mine seems fixed for now. Apparently an antivirus / firewall update, which was on my computer with the imported videos directory, hadn't completely finished its setup. Although the AV program ran, its user interface was blotchy.

I also changed a setting on non-trusted networks inbound NetBIOS from Block to Block & Notify.

Rebooting, or the change + rebooting, solved the AV interface problem -- and let SageTV get its imported videos data successfully.

Right now, I'm watching an imported video via the normal imported videos menu.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

hmm, so you are saying that the issue related to an AV update? Not sure how it relates to the imported videos, but will take a look. thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage User

disappearing videos.

I am having this exact same problem. Imported video disappeared after a rescan. The files are physically there and can be browsed but nothing I've tried will make them appear in My Videos.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hate to say it but same issue here. Has anyone solved this issue?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Sage User

Confirming my message above, mine was solved by uninstalling my antivirus, rebooting, and reinstalling my antivirus.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Confirming my message above, mine was solved by uninstalling my antivirus, rebooting, and reinstalling my antivirus.
Thanks, but I don't have AV on this machine so I don't think that's it. Seems like there should be a simple way to reset or clear the imported media.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:01 PM

Same issue here, videos not available in MC but physically present when viewed in explorer.

Happened yesterday. Rolled back system to several days ago, tried registry update, tried removing av, tried removing and adding back library in MC.

Still looking.

(registry update was this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avi]
"Content Type"="video/avi"
"PerceivedType"="video"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpeg]
"Content Type"="video/mpeg"
"PerceivedType"="video"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mpg]
"Content Type"="video/mpeg"
"PerceivedType"="video"