SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting to be sure... Having migrated from MCE2005 to Sage, I never have used the myMovies setup, although I have researched it.

I have been re-organizing my data, and testing a lot of the Phoenix plug-ins, including your SMW. I am quite thrilled with the ability to store various metadata with both TV and Movie files. However, this plug-in seems to ignore all that I have done to run BMT, SMW and TVExplorer seamlessly without the duplication of metadata (except for scaled caching versions).

In a simple world, I could run a scraper, automatically populate metadata, edit my metadata if I want, then display that metadata in a fashion that is quick, and easily searchable. My understanding lately has been that the backend of the metadata was being sorted out by you and others, and front-end STV development was to be based on this backend.

Otherwise, seems like a nice plugin.

Grant
Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That's right... the IFanartAPI is simply a means to link a media file to a fanart artifact. It would allow existing STVis to access the MyMovies fanart. As for metadata, I would assume that you are going to update the core sagetv (wiz.bin) with whatever metadata that it supports, (ie, similar to bmt and mediaScraper). If not, then perhaps creating an IFanartAPI implementation may be a mule point.
Actually no at this point I am not importing anything into the core sagetv wiz.bin. Everthing is done externally in SQL. I did this mostly/mainly for speed reasons I find SQL to be very fast in retrievals and easy for me to code in, but mainly to not intefere with phoenix/bmt in any way shape or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I don't think this will have any impact the workings of bmt or phoenix (unless you start using our java namespaces ). Actually, 4.0 of bmt is probably my last release of bmt (i've said that before), and i'll probably be removing mymovies support, since you'll have that covered (and it means 1 less thing for me to support )
Wow first Time I have heard that and sorry to hear it. I as others appreciate your hard work and I only wish I as half as good a programmer as you I don't know how you find the time your work has/is amazing for sagetv.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
Interesting to be sure... Having migrated from MCE2005 to Sage, I never have used the myMovies setup, although I have researched it.

I have been re-organizing my data, and testing a lot of the Phoenix plug-ins, including your SMW. I am quite thrilled with the ability to store various metadata with both TV and Movie files. However, this plug-in seems to ignore all that I have done to run BMT, SMW and TVExplorer seamlessly without the duplication of metadata (except for scaled caching versions).

In a simple world, I could run a scraper, automatically populate metadata, edit my metadata if I want, then display that metadata in a fashion that is quick, and easily searchable. My understanding lately has been that the backend of the metadata was being sorted out by you and others, and front-end STV development was to be based on this backend.

Otherwise, seems like a nice plugin.

Grant
Your work for BMT will not be for nothing as you can still use it fully if you wish. This is just to add another option as everyones preference differ.

cheers
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post

The backdrops can be converted from the fanart structure of BMT I am still working that out as MyMovies is a single backdrop program (my prefered way anyhow) so I am going to have to come up with some sort of way to let you pick which backdrops from bmt structure you want to convert.

cheers
I currently use My Movies on WHS. I have set to save the data for sagetv and I also payed for the backdrops feature. My movies will download the metadata along with the backdrop and cover. I use your current tool from SMW to then convert the files into the phoenix folder structure and sage sees all of the meta data, cover art, and fan art/backdrops properly. So maybe you can intergrate your Advanced fanart tool into My Movies plug in so that it would just run automatically every hour or so.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I currently use My Movies on WHS. I have set to save the data for sagetv and I also payed for the backdrops feature. My movies will download the metadata along with the backdrop and cover. I use your current tool from SMW to then convert the files into the phoenix folder structure and sage sees all of the meta data, cover art, and fan art/backdrops properly. So maybe you can intergrate your Advanced fanart tool into My Movies plug in so that it would just run automatically every hour or so.
Chris,

The conversion will not be necessary if you are using the mymovies port I am making it uses the default structure of mymovies not phoenix.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Chris,

The conversion will not be necessary if you are using the mymovies port I am making it uses the default structure of mymovies not phoenix.
Sorry I must of misread. I thought you were trying to make it use the same file structure as phoenix so that other plug ins that work with phoenix will all work under the same file structure. Either way is fine for me though. I'm not sure if this has been posted but will it be okay if BMT and MyMovies both ran on the same system so that MyMovies would manage the movies database and BMT would manage the TV recordings side? or would BMT interfere with the metadata that MyMovies downloads?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry I must of misread. I thought you were trying to make it use the same file structure as phoenix so that other plug ins that work with phoenix will all work under the same file structure. Either way is fine for me though. I'm not sure if this has been posted but will it be okay if BMT and MyMovies both ran on the same system so that MyMovies would manage the movies database and BMT would manage the TV recordings side? or would BMT interfere with the metadata that MyMovies downloads?
They can run side by so no issues they will not interfere with each other.
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
BMT and MyMovies have a completely different metadata structure, one will not interfere with the other.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
BMT and MyMovies have a completely different metadata structure, one will not interfere with the other.
Beat you by that much
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Beat you by that much

Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Very good thanks. Can't wait until you release this. It will be a great/huge improvement on the UI for movies.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Survery #1

okay kind of starting play with the wall. Here are a couple of screencaps wanted to get some opinions.

Now keep in mind these are both very rough and nether may be the final.

This one is using the default "bluskye" theme and really represents a "wall" of movies

Wallexample

This one is using the other default theme (would have a blue look with the other theme) but the wall is not the entire page. Leaves room at the top for things like date,files,sort etc

Wallexample2

thoughts are welcome....

Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Survery #1

okay kind of starting play with the wall. Here are a couple of screencaps wanted to get some opinions.

Now keep in mind these are both very rough and nether may be the final.

This one is using the default "bluskye" theme and really represents a "wall" of movies

Wallexample

This one is using the other default theme (would have a blue look with the other theme) but the wall is not the entire page. Leaves room at the top for things like date,files,sort etc

Wallexample2

thoughts are welcome....

With Wall Example if you move to the bottom row towards the left does the movie name label move elsewhere (in your example where is says The Hangover - Rated R 122 minute)

Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
With Wall Example if you move to the bottom row towards the left does the movie name label move elsewhere (in your example where is says The Hangover - Rated R 122 minute)
No focus is fixed so you can't grab the bottom movies (ie if you are on the next to bottom row and hit down the wall scrolls a row so the bottom comes up)
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No focus is fixed so you can't grab the bottom movies (ie if you are on the next to bottom row and hit down the wall scrolls a row so the bottom comes up)
Hmmm...not sure which one I prefer. I like the first wall because the wall takes up the entire screen yet I also like the second because even though it doesn't take up the entire screen the selected movie name is clearly separated and centered.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

As someone who doesn't generally use wall view and prefers lists, I would choose option 2 because it's easier for me to see the name of the movie. It's hard sometimes for me to scroll through a big wad of covers because I need to know what the cover is moreso than the name. On a 26 inch tv at 6 feet it is hard to read the names on the cover, so making it clearer is always a better option for me.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

I like #2 a bit better as well.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I realize that this is far from a finished product, but I really like wall#2. The reflective effect you have towards the bottom really gives it a polished kind of feel, not to mention the extra room for name and info is nice. Great work on both.

BTW: seeing the cover to Rad on your wall really takes me back. Haven't thought of that movie since I was a wee BMXer

Last edited by petereader; 01-13-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Agreed with the initial consensus, wall 2 seems less cluttered and more polished. love the large area for the title info.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
I realize that this is far from a finished product, but I really like wall#2. The reflective effect you have towards the bottom really gives it a polished kind of feel, not to mention the extra room for name and info is nice. Great work on both.

BTW: seeing the cover to Rad on your wall really takes me back. Haven't thought of that movie since I was a wee BMXer
Okay way to the left of the topic were you really a bmxer? I was a member of the racing association for years and traveled allot to race in my younger years.

And thanks for all the input guys keep them coming it only helps.