SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
This looks tres cool.

So, if I wanted to play around ahead of time - never even having heard of MyMovies before now - is the idea that I would download MyMovies Collection Management and set up my movie library in there?
Then, when this Sage add-on shows up, a simple drop in of an stvi will automagically make it all work? (Or something along those lines?)

I guess the bottom line of this question is if I start populating stuff in MyMovies Collection Management, it won't be throw-away work, will it?

Mitch
As a piggyback/followup question, if I too started the restructuring, would the new folder structure required by MyMovies change my views in SMW or in the standard My Videos views in Sage? Would I get an extra layer to every movie or are both smart enough to recognize the folders and be okay with it?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I didn't bother too much because I didn't have much of a use case for it and was very happy with BMT/Mediascraper.

For some reason, the whole of idea of setting up My Movies to play two trailers before I start a movie sounds awesome. Is this function going to be part of your Sage build? Does it pick movies from your collection or does it show movies from current theatrical releases? It would be great if a trailer popped up for a movie I haven't watched yet in my collection to kind of serve as a reminder to check it out. Next we need the "Time to buy some popcorn" jingle interspersed between the trailers complete with the dancing sodas and bouncing Junior Mints.
The trailer thing is real cool. Check out this app, I have been testing and seems to work:

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=16174

It downloads new trailers and you can set a time to delete (ie trailers older then 30 days). You can then point MyMovies to these downloaded trailers and it will play rando ones. I have tested with MyMovies in WMC and it worked great

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 01-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This looks tres cool.

So, if I wanted to play around ahead of time - never even having heard of MyMovies before now - is the idea that I would download MyMovies Collection Management and set up my movie library in there?
Then, when this Sage add-on shows up, a simple drop in of an stvi will automagically make it all work? (Or something along those lines?)

I guess the bottom line of this question is if I start populating stuff in MyMovies Collection Management, it won't be throw-away work, will it?

Mitch
Correct, set up Collection Management, gather all your metadata, and when the stvi is ready you are set to go. I tested out a rough version of Pluckys stvi and it picked up on my MyMovies created metadata without an issue, no extra work needed to be done on my part (I already use Collection Management to gather metadata)

Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't bother too much because I didn't have much of a use case for it and was very happy with BMT/Mediascraper.

For some reason, the whole of idea of setting up My Movies to play two trailers before I start a movie sounds awesome. Is this function going to be part of your Sage build? Does it pick movies from your collection or does it show movies from current theatrical releases? It would be great if a trailer popped up for a movie I haven't watched yet in my collection to kind of serve as a reminder to check it out. Next we need the "Time to buy some popcorn" jingle interspersed between the trailers complete with the dancing sodas and bouncing Junior Mints.
You point it to a trailers folder and there is a download over in the mymovies folder to auto download new highdef trailers for movies in the theater

Plus you can make your own custom intro (like the sodas dancing or whatever) to play as well. Some of the custom made intros are really cool. I am making one with the universal look feel.

So with those two options yes you get a real "movie" like experience.

Quote:
This looks tres cool.

Mitch
Absolutely and now it would not be throw away work. Remember you only need the collection management tool and install it in a client/server configuration if you are running clients if not you only need the server for hd200's (wether whs or normal)

You are correct once the stvi comes out all the mymovies info form the collection manager will just be there end of story.

Also of note do not set the collection manager to export properties files for sagetv this could/will cause conflict with BMT and is not necessary for this port. Just set it up like you are using it for media center.

Brian will be adding sagetv options to the collection manager once we get that far.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As a piggyback/followup question, if I too started the restructuring, would the new folder structure required by MyMovies change my views in SMW or in the standard My Videos views in Sage? Would I get an extra layer to every movie or are both smart enough to recognize the folders and be okay with it?
No extra layer would be created and all you would need to do is remove and readd your shares with videos so sage could recognize you moved them all.

The extra layer would only come if you have folders within folders then it would only come in in "File-system" view.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Remember you only need the collection management tool and install it in a client/server configuration if you are running clients if not you only need the server for hd200's (wether whs or normal)
Just because I'm paranoid, I want to confirm this will work for hd100s as well, right?
(I gotta believe the answer is yes, but I've been burned by assumptions in the past. ).

Mitch
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just because I'm paranoid, I want to confirm this will work for hd100s as well, right?
(I gotta believe the answer is yes, but I've been burned by assumptions in the past. ).

Mitch
Correct codec support will be limited to hd100 (don't know if it supports blu ray or not)

but it will work on the hd100 and h200. I am also limiting animations to a min to not make it to flashy and keep with the clean look/feel this will also help performance on both the hd100 and hd200.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Plus you can make your own custom intro (like the sodas dancing or whatever) to play as well. Some of the custom made intros are really cool. I am making one with the universal look feel.

So with those two options yes you get a real "movie" like experience.
I was totally being tongue in cheek when I asked about it, but now my new favorite thing I'm looking forward to is the dancing sodas.

Quote:
Brian will be adding sagetv options to the collection manager once we get that far.
Not for nothing, but this is a big deal to me. I like to see "Sage TV" setups next to "WMC" setups in common apps that serve both. It gets Sage's name out there and does more to show that it is a powerful DVR/Media program on par with WMC for people with varying use cases.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Not for nothing, but this is a big deal to me. I like to see "Sage TV" setups next to "WMC" setups in common apps that serve both. It gets Sage's name out there and does more to show that it is a powerful DVR/Media program on par with WMC for people with varying use cases.
To me the big thing is it allows ths user to switch back and forth between SageTV and WMC with little effort. That is always the big challenge when trying to evaluate a platform, in many cases you have to start over from scratch with metadata, etc... which can be discouraging. When this gets offs its feet MyMovies in SageTV could be very big for SageTV since there is a massive WMC user base out there. Now where is SageTV 7 and the HD300

Old 01-12-2010, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was totally being tongue in cheek when I asked about it, but now my new favorite thing I'm looking forward to is the dancing sodas.
Here is a good thread/read on how to create your custom intros and the instructions I am following.

Custom Intros.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
To me the big thing is it allows ths user to switch back and forth between SageTV and WMC with little effort. That is always the big challenge when trying to evaluate a platform, in many cases you have to start over from scratch with metadata, etc... which can be discouraging. When this gets offs its feet MyMovies in SageTV could be very big for SageTV since there is a massive WMC user base out there. Now where is SageTV 7 and the HD300
Having never been a WMC user, I would love to someday sit down and evaluate it. If this makes it easier to give it a try and see some of its functionality, then that sounds good to me.

I had a couple of days last week where my Sage server experienced some hardware problems. I wanted to make sure my wife still got some shows that she likes recorded, so being a HDHR owner I figured fireing up W7MC and having it discover the tuners would be no big deal and I could schedule the recording and get it going.

It was such a pain in the ass to get a proper signal and setup for the tuners that I left with a bad taste in my mouth. I never got into imported folders. This might get me to try it again.

Enough about this though (wrong thread for sure). This plugin sounds and looks awesome. Good work Plucky!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great, great, great...

My Movies for Windows Home Server is a great add-in. I have been using it with SageTV for many months. The developer works hard to constantly improve the software and provide support in the My Movies forums.

While My Movies currently is able to provide metadata for SageTV, missing is the fabulous front end interface available in Windows Media Center ...UNTIL NOW.

Great work PLUCKYHD. I think many, many SageTV users will come to appreciate your efforts in porting this over.

Many Thanks
SageTV 7.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x86; Intel DH67CF, i3-2100T, 4GB DDR3, 60GB SSD, 8TB Drive Bender storage pool, blu-ray. 2x HD PVR (SA 4250HD firewire channel change), 2x HD200 extenders (external IR receiver mod, HD300 remotes).
Plugins: Custom Main Menu, Enable/Disable Favorites, Stock Manager, Web Interface, Mobile Web Interface, PlayOn
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMT View Post
My Movies for Windows Home Server is a great add-in. I have been using it with SageTV for many months. The developer works hard to constantly improve the software and provide support in the My Movies forums.

While My Movies currently is able to provide metadata for SageTV, missing is the fabulous front end interface available in Windows Media Center ...UNTIL NOW.

Great work PLUCKYHD. I think many, many SageTV users will come to appreciate your efforts in porting this over.

Many Thanks
Thanks

And you are correct mymovies is able to provide metadata for sage already, but the approach/method this is taking is 100% and intended to keep all data from the collection management in tact. In it's current state only fields used by sagetv are currently imported from MyMovies.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 01-12-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
About 6 months ago, I tried using the My Movies add-in on my WHS. It would frequently cause lockups with Sage (random shutdowns). That got to be a bit annoying, so I deleted it without really digging into what it could do.

From my admitedly brief encounter with MyMovies, doesn't it require each movie to be inside a seperate folder? Is that still the case?
Wanted to eliborate on this. Sagetv might have been locking up when importing the properties file on this one. Not quite sure regardless you should not see that issue with this import as it stands right now nothing is written to the sagedb.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Wanted to eliborate on this. Sagetv might have been locking up when importing the properties file on this one. Not quite sure regardless you should not see that issue with this import as it stands right now nothing is written to the sagedb.
I actually have a somewhat free evening tonight. I'll check it out and see if it works better than my last experience.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I actually have a somewhat free evening tonight. I'll check it out and see if it works better than my last experience.
Okay let me know. Also remember to make sure you are not exporting properties files in the config for sagetv as think that might be causing the problem.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm basically setting it up to catalog and identify my media independent of any HTPC software, correct?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm basically setting it up to catalog and identify my media independent of any HTPC software, correct?
correct.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage User

I just started looking into a "movies" type add on for sage... guess I'll just wait a few more weeks/months until this is released. Thanks to PluckyHD for all the hard work - everyone appreciates it!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teststrips View Post
I just started looking into a "movies" type add on for sage... guess I'll just wait a few more weeks/months until this is released. Thanks to PluckyHD for all the hard work - everyone appreciates it!
Thanks

and I hope it isn't months