SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

aspect ratio settings

I just bought a new TV for Christmas and am having the same issue. In the detailed setup, though, all I see are the visual adjustments ("stretch the circle" and "move the corners") instead of numeric ones. Am I missing something? No matter how I adjust the aspect and overscan settings using the visual tools, nothing seems to change and I still have the top line of CC data. What's the secret? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Detailed Setup > Multimedia > Aspect Ratio Settings. (Not "Display Aspect Ratio Settings" or "Overscan Settings".)
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Detailed Setup > Multimedia > Aspect Ratio Settings. (Not "Display Aspect Ratio Settings" or "Overscan Settings".)
Unfortunately, I don't have "Aspect Ratio Settings" on the Detailed Setup>Multimedia menu. I have:

• Aspect Ratio Mode
  • Overscan Settings
  • Display Aspect Ratio Settings
  • Recording Quality
  • Video Menu Options
  • UI Language

Is this a version issue or possibly related to the fact I use the SageMC interface? I wouldn't think that would matter since Detailed Setup is outside of SageMC.

* moved to SageMC forum *
Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnelsonic View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have "Aspect Ratio Settings" on the Detailed Setup>Multimedia menu. I have:

• Aspect Ratio Mode
  • Overscan Settings
  • Display Aspect Ratio Settings
  • Recording Quality
  • Video Menu Options
  • UI Language

Is this a version issue or possibly related to the fact I use the SageMC interface? I wouldn't think that would matter since Detailed Setup is outside of SageMC.
I thought in SAGEMC while watching the show if you select options Or right click with the mouse.. You can re size the aspect ratio.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I thought in SAGEMC while watching the show if you select options Or right click with the mouse.. You can re size the aspect ratio.
You're right, I found it there. Thanks. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem...changing these didn't do anything visually detectable, even at extreme settings.

Fortunately, I found that the TV itself has an offset setting that I used to hide the bad rows. Problem solved.