SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Sage User

How to transfer Sage settings to new OS install

I want to reinstall Windows XP on my computer but I don't want to have to redo all of my favorites and other Sage settings (I know how to transfer my already recorded shows). I searched the Posts and saw something about copying Wiz.bin after reinstalling Sage. is that all that I need to to to transfer all the settings from my Sage install? IN other words, if I reinstall Sage and copy that file over will it everything work just as it does now?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Expert

There's a FAQ for that (see FAQ's on the menu bar).

Direct link to the one you want: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...610#post265610
Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post

Direct link to the one you want: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...610#post265610
THank you. This is exactly what I was trying to find. One thing is not clear where it talks about the diffrent versions. i am running 6.0. If I copy wiz.bin from 6.0 but reinstall the latest version, is the wiz.bin file still compatible?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
If I copy wiz.bin from 6.0 but reinstall the latest version, is the wiz.bin file still compatible?
I don't think there have been any Wiz.bin format changes since 6.0, but in any case Sage will automatically convert an old-format Wiz.bin to the current format.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Sage User

Followed transfer instructions but they aren't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post

I tried the transfer steps and so far I am having problems. My computer is a little old but under windows XP both Hauppauge tuners and Sage v6.62 worked fine. I just upgraded to Win7 and I am having problems that make no sense:
(1) There is no wiz.bin file created by the install of sage tv or by running sage or setting up recordings. How can that be? Copying my old wiz.bin to the sage tv subdirectory does not cause my old favorites to come over.
(2) one tuner won't install. when installing my 850 I get an error message saying video playback won't work. But this message comes over and over every second in an endless loop. I have to ALT-F4 the program to stop it. Is there any way around this? I don't play the videos back on that computer anyways.

Thanks, DIMI
Old 02-06-2010, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
I tried the transfer steps and so far I am having problems. My computer is a little old but under windows XP both Hauppauge tuners and Sage v6.62 worked fine. I just upgraded to Win7 and I am having problems that make no sense:
(1) There is no wiz.bin file created by the install of sage tv or by running sage or setting up recordings. How can that be? Copying my old wiz.bin to the sage tv subdirectory does not cause my old favorites to come over.
If UAC is on, it's probably in the Virtualstore location, not the Program Files directory.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
If UAC is on, it's probably in the Virtualstore location, not the Program Files directory.
Is virtual store a folder? Where would I find it? Thanks,D
Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Administrator

See this FAQ:
Where does SageTV store its data files in Windows Vista?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.