SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD200 / SAGEMC and changing channels, issues

I just received my HD200 but it had a very old 2008 firmware. Upgrading the firmware to 20090903 (last formally recommended one) solves the issue of forced subtitles on dvds and the system seems speedier. It however introduced one issue: (I updated to the most recent beta as well and experienced the same behavior) [Using last release for SageTV and last non beta release for SageMC]

- For the time being I only have one tuner connected to the SageTv server. If I try to change the channel while the SageTv server is using the sole tuner then nothing happens at the HD but it locks the ability of changing channels at the server. That is, if I try any of the methods to change channels at the server nothing happens until I close and restart the server and then I regain the ability to change channels at the server.

- If I switch to the default stv on the HD200, when I try to change the channel I get an error indicating that all the available tuners are being used to watch live tv, which is fine, but I do not lose the ability to change channels at the server.

- If I "release" the tuner by setting the server to sleep then I can change the channels on the HD with SageMC without any ill effects, so it seems it is only when there are no free tuners that there is an issue.

- So it appears that sending the channel change command on the HD with no free tuners whilst using SageMC on the HD locks the channel changing for the whole system. Is this a known issue and perhaps fixed on a SageMC beta?

Last edited by Islander; 12-07-2009 at 07:14 PM.