SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

How to prevent this mistake again

My wife started watching a show that she likes while it was recording. I came into the room and she switched to something we both like. She hit stop. We brought up another recording to watch. Later she went back to that recording and discovered that it had stopped recording the show. In a stand alone dvr from the cable co the dvr will typically ask something like "are you sure you want to stop recording". Sage did not ask this question. I do not see any system messages stating there was some error. This is a favorite that records automatically. So for the the sake of WAF, what do I need to do to prevent this from happening again?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm assuming you didn't have an open tuner at the time. If it was in fact set up as a recording and wasn't just "live" viewing it should give you a "are you sure" message - at least it does for me in that situation.

Can you test this out again? Set a show to record, then watch that show while its recording, then change channels. Check to see if it asks you "are you sure".
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

standard def. tuners here.
Sage 6.2.

Does not do that. If I hit the "square box" button on the Hauppauge MVP extender while watching a show that is a favorite and is being recorded, the recording continues.

If the show was not recording due to being in the scheduled plan, it of course ceases to be recorded when stopping the live viewing.

Old complaint: If watch live is in effect, and one does not press STOP and goes about some other menu work, the recording continues, perhaps until the disk fills, and ties up that tuner. Bad, old bug. Is the main WAF gripe.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well This is setup as a favorite. It was recording. She said she hit stop, went to the recorded tv and started playing a different recorded episode. Later she brought up that same recording that she had stopped playing and it had stopped recording half way through the recording. She had pressed stop at the very beginning but it stopped recording half way through the show.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to figure out why the show stopped recording. It was suppose to record the whold favorite and it only recorded half. I do not have any system alerts. I am looking for ideas on how to find out why it stopped recording this favorite?

Thanks for the help
Bill
Old 11-30-2009, 01:22 AM
SageTVaholic

In the stock UI, Stop merely stops playback and does not affect the recording of scheduled recordings. There are third-party add-ons that modify this behavior. Are you sure you don't have one of them installed?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter69 View Post
I am trying to figure out why the show stopped recording. It was suppose to record the whold favorite and it only recorded half. I do not have any system alerts. I am looking for ideas on how to find out why it stopped recording this favorite?

Thanks for the help
Bill
According to your signature you note for tuners:
Tuners: 1 HD-PVR (for now)

Based upon that information, it would naturally stop recording said favorite and start recording the newly selected show, since there is not another tuner/capture device to use. The question to ask is more what happened to the dialog box asking if you are sure. It has been a long time since i had only one tuner, but as I recall a dialog box does appear when trying to change channels if you have a favorite recording.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I apologize for the misinfo I now have 2hdpvr and a hdhr. I have set the priority to the HDHR because it switches between channels quicker. I am using sagemc but I do not have any type of recording plugin's. * moved to SageMC forum *

PS I have looked at changing that info but it seems I have entered it in a place that I cannot change . I will look deeper into get it changed.

Thanks to all of you for helping me figure this one out.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter69 View Post
I apologize for the misinfo I now have 2hdpvr and a hdhr. I have set the priority to the HDHR because it switches between channels quicker. I am using sagemc but I do not have any type of recording plugin's.
I think you need to look through the settings in SageMC then, it sounds like it includes the multifunction stop plugin (or similar functionality) and cancelled the recording when you hit stop.

That is not normal functionality of Sage.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Agreed. It is not normal behavior. Pressing stop while recording a show will only stop the playback. It is actually nearly impossible to stop a show that is currently being recorded. That is why people created some of the multi-function stop addins - to make that process easier. But even those don't work without some sort of warning (at least in my experience).

If you try to change channels on a tuner that is currently recording, you will get a pop up that effectively says, This tuner is currently recording XXXXX, do you want to cancel that recording and tune to YYYYYY? Yes or Cancel."
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well I looked through some settings and did not find anything. I will have to experiment with this issue to see if I can repeat this issue. As a backup I now have my playon server working through my HD200 . Now If I could figure out how to make Pandora work with whs and my hd200's.

Thanks for all of you helping me out.
Bill
Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

The only other thought I had was if the favorite was scheduled to run again and for some reason, SageTV was going to record the other showing and was not recording the show she was watching. (Obviously Sage was recording it while it was liveTV as she watched it, but as live TV). If that was the case, then Sage would have stopped recording it when she pressed stopped since it was only live TV and not the actual "Favorite" recording.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all