SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Program Info Screen

I installed the latest SageMC (6.3.9b pr 21) I was already running the latest phoenix api (1.44), I have the latest sage release, java 1.6_17. Now the problem I am having is when using file system view in "My Videos", when going to select a video to watch, it doesn't ever show the program info screen, but when I tell the video to play it plays and then I can bring up the options screen and select program info there and it does show it going that way. I have checked in sagemc settings to make sure there wasn't a custom program info screen listed there but there wasn't. The previous release I was using was like pr 12 I think and it didn't show this problem.

Miller
Old 11-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Sage User

Whew, not just me.

Same issue here, running latest BMI/BMT, Phoenix (1.44) and SageMC b21.

I've been trying to toggle to difference sageMC versions, seems with the full version I get the correct program info, but I have random videos that are in subfolders (when using file system view) showing up in the root of My Videos, and when I switch to b21, I'm missing Program Info.

I can provide screenshots, configuration details, anything that may be helpful.

Thanks, great work by everyone involved with SageMC, Phoenix, BMT, just amazing what you folks do!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Expert

Same problem here... I did notice that it occurs on the folder view, but if you switch to list view, it seems to work...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

You are correct. List view works well for me as well. Also under folder view the fanart doesn't work, like the posters for each show, but it does under list view.

Miller
Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, that bit of info helps. I thought I tested the folder view, but I don't use it regularly so something could have easily slipped under the radar. I'll take a look at it when I have a chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds great Mike, your work is truly appreciated!!

Miller
Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Sage User

Anyone have this working yet, maybe there is a work around we could do on our own PCs?

Is there a way to turn off Folder view and force List view (while we're at it, can I force file system view and disable groups/recently added/genre ). Trouble I have is wife gets a little button happy when Sage doesn't respond immeadiatly and finds herself in a view she's not used to and doesn't know how to get back. If I could disable the toggle between list view and folder view that would help a ton.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongrimme View Post
Anyone have this working yet, maybe there is a work around we could do on our own PCs?
you can open up studio find the bug, fix it, and post a stvi work around until Mike has a chance to fix it in the main release.

Quote:
Is there a way to turn off Folder view and force List view (while we're at it, can I force file system view and disable groups/recently added/genre ). Trouble I have is wife gets a little button happy when Sage doesn't respond immeadiatly and finds herself in a view she's not used to and doesn't know how to get back. If I could disable the toggle between list view and folder view that would help a ton.
Similar answer ... If you open up studio and find that buttons and delete it (and its children) or move the entire button under a if false widget... then the buttons wont be there fore you to press....

Now i didnt come here just to be a wiseass i also have something that might work for you without a lot of effort.... you can modify the sagemc_menu.xml and the property items that effect the view to the menu item. Then everytime you enter the menu those property items will be set and your wife will get the view shes expecting You still have access to the settings while in the menu and can mess it up... but if you just back out of the menu back to the main menu and reenter it then the settings will get reapplied

Here is an example My Videos menu item:

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
    <evalExpression> SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_view", "FILE-SYSTEM") </evalExpression>
    <evalExpression> SetProperty("sagemc/video_lib_filter", "None") </evalExpression>
    <evalExpression> SetProperty("sagemc/ui/video_lib_folder_listview", true) </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
What i would recommend is set up the view the way you want, shut down the client to make sure the settings get written to the .properties file. Open up the .properties file, find the settings listed above, and then adjust the code above as you need to... And actually i believe the settings as they are above will do what you want...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 12-18-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

The latest pre-release should fix this issue.

Aloha,
Mike