SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Thanks boss, but realtek high Definition Audio selection in the Renderer did not make a difference.

Also tried, Direct Wave out...no difference.

Have reverted back to Default on renderer, still seeing plenty of activity in the AC3Filter...but now SageTV on the Windows Mixer only bumps green when I compel a system sound in SageTV (i.e. clicking a selection, moving from one screen to another).

Also, FYI I have changed the "Default Audio Render" on the AC3Filter System Tab to "Use Wave Out as Default" per SHAUNB. Should I change it back? All I need for now is 2 Channel Stereo through HDMI.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Wait, Are you trying to go through HDMI or the Realtek outputs?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage User

Sorry for the confusion...ultimately I need to get it working through the HDMI HD audio. BUT, I have been easily switching between HDMI and the Realtek for weeks with no issues (and no AC3Filter by the way) until about 10 days ago. I thought I would work through the Realtek solution first, then get it working through HDMI. This is optimal because my HTPC is a server in the basement and my HDMI goes to an upstairs room...therefore I cannot directly hear the HDMI output w/o someone upstairs to confirm whereas I can hear the Realtek speakers locally in the basement. Again, both HDMI and Realtek stereo speakers were working flawlessly about 10 days ago. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have discovered what I think may have been my problem (meters all 'show' sound but nothing comes out of the speakers).

It's almost as embarrassing as it not being plugged in.

Turns out that Sage has an internal volume level that is not controlled by the SageTV slider in the Win7 mixer. So, I turn up the sound inside Sage (with my MCPC remote), and in the mixer (both Sage and System sliders) and in AC3Filter, and everything seems to work. We'll see if it continues to, but I suspect it will.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
Turns out that Sage has an internal volume level that is not controlled by the SageTV slider in the Win7 mixer. So, I turn up the sound inside Sage (with my MCPC remote), and in the mixer (both Sage and System sliders) and in AC3Filter, and everything seems to work. We'll see if it continues to, but I suspect it will.
I had the same or a very similar problem, also on Windows 7. I used the method you discovered to get the sound working again, but it kept recurring each time I restarted the client. I was using SageMC and as far as I remember I cured the problem by using the stock UI to set the volume to max, reverting to the SageMC interface and then keeping my fingers well away from whatever keyboard shortcuts are used to control the volume in SageMC.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunb View Post
Seems that Win7 has changed the DirectSound interface somehow. The net effect is that Sage 'loses' the state of the system sound level.

So changing the sound level in the system does not alter the Sage sound level.

This worked for me when using nornal 2 channel output from Sage.

1. Sound 'Level' in Sage.

The Sage sound level bar shows 0 (Changing the system level does not change it)

Use the mouse or keyboard to move this to 100% - in sage - you may still not have any sound.

2. Change the AC3 filter to 'WaveOut' - NOT DirectSound
A. Exit Sage
B. Run c:\program files\sagetv\tagetv\ac3config.exe
C. Change to system Tab and select Default Audio Render - 'Use wave out by default'.
D. Click OK
E. Restart Sage - hopefully the sound now works.
Thank you! I had everything working before, but my hd crashed last week. Getting the sound working was the last piece of the puzzle. I know have a backup .

For what it is worth, this did not immediately work for me. This change did start ac3filter launching online in the system tray, but still no sound. The was a message in the ac3filter info box, "spdif disabled...". Turns out that somewhere in the process of filter changes, reboots, driver updates, etc my windows output device in the changed from the digital output to speakers . As soon as I changed this back, there was sound!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage User

Well I figure I may as well post this *in case* someone else could benefit from this (I used SageTVClient with windows 7). I upgraded to Win7 and have a Asus Xonar D2 card. Unfortunately I could only get beta drivers, which kind of made me upset but I continued, got the dolby headphone working but Sage would always, always go to 0 on the volume if I paused and played again.

I also use a USB-UIRT with a hauppage remote to control. I bound the volume up/down of Sage to the remote.

If I move the slider for the sage volume it will always reset to 0 when I pause and play again. If I use the volume up on the remote and pause and play the volume will stick.

So for me I've found that increasing the volume in sage will cause it to remember, use the volume slider it does not.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunb View Post
Seems that Win7 has changed the DirectSound interface somehow. The net effect is that Sage 'loses' the state of the system sound level.

So changing the sound level in the system does not alter the Sage sound level.

This worked for me when using nornal 2 channel output from Sage.

1. Sound 'Level' in Sage.

The Sage sound level bar shows 0 (Changing the system level does not change it)

Use the mouse or keyboard to move this to 100% - in sage - you may still not have any sound.

2. Change the AC3 filter to 'WaveOut' - NOT DirectSound
A. Exit Sage
B. Run c:\program files\sagetv\tagetv\ac3config.exe
C. Change to system Tab and select Default Audio Render - 'Use wave out by default'.
D. Click OK
E. Restart Sage - hopefully the sound now works.
Thank you for this. I was having a problem with the volume of playback dropping to 1/4 normal during program play or skipping forward or back. This seems to have fixed it.