SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Volume control in Music Jukebox

Guess I am not getting how to adjust the volume in the jukebox. If I am playing an album, the volume keys are used for navigation and I cannot raise the volume.

I am using v2.15

Thanks-
Old 04-06-2004, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

What kind of remote do you have? How do you have it configured to control Sage (built-in support or through external software)?
Old 04-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Administrator

This is because the Hauppauge remote is set so that Vol +/- is shared with the right/left buttons when SageTV sets up the default button command mapping. You can split those commands to use separate buttons if you wish -- check the Commands assignments in Detailed Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage User

I'll check out remapping the default controls in the detailed set-up...I am using the Hauppauge silver remote. If this works I may submit it as a bug because I would assume that out of the box it should control the volume in the jukebox.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakebucky
If this works I may submit it as a bug because I would assume that out of the box it should control the volume in the jukebox.
I think it is a result of how v2 works -- v1.4 used the same mappings, but I don't believe you could have anything playing while at a menu. Now that this is possible in v2, the dual-use commands cause problems & perhaps ought to be rethought. I think that they really have to be on separate buttons now, since no matter which of the dual commands are given priority, someone will think it should have been the other one.

Of course, part of the problem stems from the limited number of buttons on that remote...

- Andy
Old 04-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just use the Back/Exit button on the Silver remote to go back and forth between the main screen with the really ugly visualizations and the Music player screen.

Randy
Old 09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was looking at my Hauppage remote and thinking which buttons I don't use and wondering if I could reassign them to +/- volume. I realized that I don't use "don't like/like".

Would it be possible to reassign these buttons as volume controls without breaking something else? I realize that I would have to set "like" from a menu, but that is what I already do mostly.

Also, is there anyway to make remote commands dependent on which menu is currently being displayed?

Thanks!
Brian

UPDATE: I got it to work. I decided to use the "info" and "full screen" buttons. I've never used them, plus they are conveniently located next to the "mute" button putting all volume controls on one row. Here are the changes to irremote.ini

Under the "silver hauppage remote" section
FUNC={ctrl}i becomes FUNC={volume_down}
FULLSCREEN={ctrl}{shift}f becomes FULLSCREEN={volume_up}

Simple as that!

Last edited by bhageman; 09-11-2004 at 02:54 PM.