SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage User

What happens when trial license expires?

I've been running the trial license of MC while getting my server all set up, etc. It's about to expire, so I purchased a license online today.

My credit card went through, and I got the invoice screen. I never got the download/license email, though. After a couple hours, I started checking some things, and discovered that my domain I get my email through expired a couple days ago (argh). I logged onto my SageTV Store account, and changed my email address to my gmail account. I then emailed orders @ sagetv . com, asking if they could resend the download/license email to the new address I entered.

It's been a few hours, and I haven't heard anything from them. I'm concerned that I won't get a license email before the weekend, and my trial license will expire.

What happens when it expires? Will the MC server just quit, and stop recording things, and I'll miss recordings? Or will it continue to run if I don't exit the application?