SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

Download problems from sagetv.com/download.html

I've submitted an official request to support, but knowing that those sometimes take a day or two, is anyone else able to download the newest version successfully from sage's site right now? I keep having the download freeze part way through, regardless of which version I try or which computer I try it from at my home. I suppose it could be a problem on my end, but I'm able to download other (bigger) files from other sites without a problem, and only Sage's downloads keep freezing on me part way through.

Can someone else try downloading 6.6.2 right now and see if you can download the entire thing successfully?

And is there a mirror somewhere I could try in case there's just something crazy happening between sage and my home specifically?

EDIT: After further testing, I can download the mac versions fine, but not any of the windows versions (exe or msi). Those all freeze during download. I think my next try will be bypassing my router (I don't have a firewall installed that I know of, but you never know) to see if there's some reason my router isn't letter executable files through...

Last edited by popechild; 10-30-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

It downloads fine for me, so I believe the SageTV downloads server is working properly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Worked for me too.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It downloads fine for me, so I believe the SageTV downloads server is working properly.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. After noticing that it was only the windows versions that weren't downloading, I went over to cnet's download.com just to try downloading some other exe files, and they also don't work. So it appears it's somehow my network not allowing me to download executables properly. This is at home with a Linksys router that has the firewall disabled. I really have no idea what else to try right now, but it's obviously not a Sage problem.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

No clue why it wouldn't work before, but a firmware update on the router (which has always worked fine until now) seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help.