SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Can't update EPG

I am having an issue with EPG updates, they seem completely random and I do have the proper ports open but would like to check the status of the EPG downloads (successful or not).
Here is what is in the manual.

"First go to the System Information screen to see when SageTV last updated the Program
Guide data. You can access this through Setup > System Information."

Now if someone can tell me how to actually do this, by following these steps EXACTLY, I would much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. the issue is that the version of sage I have is the latest as of today, and I have no option for "system information" in SETUP! and I should say I have used the search function to no avail.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I think it's Setup-Help-System Information from the menus.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks,
the present instructions are defective and need to be rewritten. Once again thanks for the quick and proper answer.

P.S. The function of updating the EPG is non functional anyway you try it.
I guess that's all we can expect but if the program is not improved I will not buy it again nor will I recommend it to friends, I will tell them their tuner card software is about as good as it will get.

Last edited by aairon; 10-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aairon View Post
The function of updating the EPG is non functional anyway you try it.
Setting up the EPG is a necessary one-time process. The function of updating the EPG is automatic. What's the problem you have with it?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

EPG should automatically download every 24 hours. If Sage did more than that the guide service would probably cut them off or charge Sage more and then they have to charge more for the software.

The EPG automatically downloads when you add a channel, then every 24 hours from that point.

The best way to see if your guide is funcitoning is scroll through the guide and you should be able to scroll forward 2 weeks.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage User

I see I didn't see the 24 hour thing before, I asked because I have had several instances where the guide said no data and if I go to that channel the program info will pop up, and then if I exit to the guide again, I now have a listing for that channel and the no data is gone.

Just one of many things I've wondered about, like the hauppauge silver 43 key remote that is compatible, yet will not consistently allow you to scroll up and down without not responding unless you wait a few seconds or scroll the other way then back a few more listings then it does it again.
This behavior is exhibited in all menus, and in the tv screen when scrolling channels.
This remote functions normally with win media center, WinTV 7, Beyond TV, so I am fairly it's not a driver issue nor a hardware issue, although I guess you could say that the driver and the sage application are having a hard time communicating, at least with my setup. Using Vista ult 32 bit.
P.S. I guess I just got tired of reading these forums looking for answers and seeing folks asking about many issues that seem way more major I just don't hold out much optimism that these "little things" will get sorted out.

Last edited by aairon; 11-03-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see I didn't see the 24 hour thing before.....
P.S. I guess I just got tired of reading these forums looking for answers
You might try referring to the manual for the little questions then as most everything is covered in there. You can download it here though it's also on your computer where you installed SageTV.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In case you didn't know the manual comes with the sage tv software.
??? That's why I said "You can download it here though it's also on your computer where you installed SageTV."

Quote:
Dissent from the "SAGE IS GREAT" mentality could even get one banned I would guess by the responses to others that I have seen here.
What? Dissent is fine in my book - just don't spout out blatant "this sucks" stuff without understanding or trying.

Quote:
Switching back to the 'finished' beyond TV trial, and if it wins I will have to buy another software.
I would go with whatever HTPC software works best for you. I've used BeyondTV for years and love it. It just doesn't do everything I want it to.

Quote:
P.S. IMHO this is not a finished product, but rather a building block for folks who like patching and kludging software as a hobby in itself.
As mentioned before, all are open to their opinions, but don't expect everyone to agree with you and complain when they don't.

Last edited by Brent; 11-04-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage User

Ahhhhhhhh I see you edited my post, LMAO talk about Draconian measures to save the kings (sage) failing reputation.

"just don't spout out blatant "this sucks" stuff without understanding or trying."

I was quoting someone else's post, are you ok today? you usually are pretty sharp.
Can you point me to where I made that stupid statement?.
I will immediately go retract it with an apology!
Mind you quoting someone saying it, is not the same as saying it myself.

I am more then happy to point you to the source of my quote.
If you read these forums objectively you would quickly see that the patch and pray attitude here much more resembles a open source free software hobby group.

Last edited by aairon; 11-04-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I give If you want help with something ask it otherwise...

And nobody has edited your last post except for you - I certainly don't have that ability...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhh I see you edited my post, LMAO talk about Draconian measures to save the kings (sage) failing reputation.

"just don't spout out blatant "this sucks" stuff without understanding or trying."
Please read the forum rules. Yes, your post was mildly edited for rude language/comments, as the rules say can happen. Such posts may be deleted completely too.

Since you are more interesting in arguing than doing anything useful in this topic, it is now closed.

Edit: You restored your comment, so your post was now deleted.

And, you should learn how to use a PDF file. So there's an incorrect reference to the System Information menu for its original location... You complain that you couldn't find the System Information menu -- a simple search for the term "System Information" finds it in the table of contents, leading right to the menu's description along with its parent menu. The next result is how to reach that menu from the Main Menu. Not too difficult. You want to remap channels? The Table of Contents has a link to the Remap Channel menu.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Closed Thread