SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage User

IR blaster with HDPVR

Hi all;

First of all, let me say thank you for everyone's input to assist me with my issues over past three days.

I do have another issue - My IR Blaster stopped working within sage, but it works with the blaster config program.

I have read over and over of what to try and I think that I have tried everthing but just can't seem to make it work.

I've removed sage, reinstalled it, reloaded drivers, deleted devices and reinstalled them, but still can't make sage turn a channel.

I read somewhere about a file stubdevice.ir - move it to the hauppauge folder. I even tried that.

In the setup devices it shows my device as IR blaster stub device.

Any suggestions to try would be most appreciated as I 've put over 30 hours into this already and I am starting to get really frushtrated..

Thank YOu,

RJ

OH I thought I would mention again this is a windows 7 ultimate install on a AMD ATI 3200
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Same Issue

Bob- I have the same exact issue. I've been combing the threads for a "try this then that" sheet. I've reinstalled both Sage and Hauppauge software.

In the IR-Blaster config software the standard Motorola code 80 changes the channels flawlessly. Sage sees the blaster, and a code file for the Motorola DCT3000 (Which I copied to C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\Hauppauge IR Blaster from C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\USB-IRT). This is the wrong code file, but my guess is that even after many reinstalls, it is odd that the C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\Hauppauge IR Blaster folder was empty.

Maybe I just need the correct code file to paste here, but I haven;t been able to find it in the forums or figure out where the "settings" are saved or exported to in the Blastercfg program.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Sage User

Bob - I found Sic0048's thread.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44511&highlight=blaster

I followed all his steps and my blaster is working through Sage. I think the clean all tool did the trick. Bravo for him to make the step by step sheet. I hope it works for you.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Spoke too soon

Sage tunes to the channel when I select to watch it in the Program Guide, but does not change the channel for Favorite Recordings. Ugh. I'm debating on trying out the USB-UIRT, but not sure if I'm ready for a $50 bet to be no further along.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBrew View Post
Sage tunes to the channel when I select to watch it in the Program Guide, but does not change the channel for Favorite Recordings. Ugh. I'm debating on trying out the USB-UIRT, but not sure if I'm ready for a $50 bet to be no further along.
That is a little strange. The only thing I can think of is to see if your "always tune channel" option is turned on.

SetUp - Detailed Setup - Customize - Always tune channel

That way, regardless of the current channel, SageTV will send out the IR code to change the channel.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Sage User

Another fix...

I tried this advice and then removed and re-added the video source, and this cleared up the issue for now. Sage changes the channels correctly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I'm going to guess that in the HD-PVR Sage set up menu, the IR file selected is probably "Stub Device."

If this file is located in the SageTV/Common/IR devices folder, move it to the SageTV/Common/IR Devices/Hauppauge folder. Stop the Sage service before moving the file and then restart it. See if this makes a difference.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Sage Icon

Good to see you found a solution. I was grasping at straws when I suggested the Always tune solution.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all