SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

HD-100 default aspect ratio setting?

I just read the FAQ and cannot seem to find out how to set the default aspect ratio. I am using 3 differant HD-100's. Two of them use HDMI and work great by default, the third one use's Component out and is defaulted to source, but I need it set to fill. I cannot seem to figure out how to change the default. Does anyone know how to set this?

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 09-12-2009, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

You have to go back to the default STV to set the default. I don't think SageMC was updated with that feature yet.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Well it's nice to see Andy moved my post because he thought I was trying to configure this through SageMC, but however I was not. I had posted this in the extender forum.

So Andy, since I read all of your FAQ's, thanks for them by the way, can you possably answer this one for me? I cannot for the life of me remember how to set this... I've ran through the setup's and searched the detailed setup. I know it's there somewhere, isn't it?

thanks,
Skybolt
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Well it's nice to see Andy moved my post because he thought I was trying to configure this through SageMC, but however I was not. I had posted this in the extender forum.
Since you posted your last SageMC question in the wrong forum recently, it appeared to me that you didn't know where to post, so it seemed appropriate to move this one too.

Quote:
So Andy, since I read all of your FAQ's, thanks for them by the way, can you possably answer this one for me? I cannot for the life of me remember how to set this... I've ran through the setup's and searched the detailed setup. I know it's there somewhere, isn't it?
This is explained in the SageTV manual. See the playback menu's pop-up dialog info starting on p. 119 of the v6.6-B PDF manual, continuing through the AR mode selection info ending around p. 121.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Options while you're watching something.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Ok back where I started, in the extender forum.

Anyway in detailed setup, mulitimedia, Aspect Ration Mode - all i have is "How to Change" instead of Source. fill ect... ??? anyone?

EDIT: Wow we all posted at the same time, Yeah the options thing works fine, but there was a way to set it manualy so it will be the default, but my interface does not have the option. I reloaded the standard STV and from the extender it is not an opton for me. From the PC it is?

Andy, sorry for the previous wrong post, I did not realize SageMC actually performed the lookups, I thought it was only a skin and hook the api.

Last edited by Skybolt; 09-12-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Anyway in detailed setup, mulitimedia, Aspect Ration Mode - all i have is "How to Change" instead of Source. fill ect... ??? anyone?
Did you read that "How to change" dialog? It tells you what to do. That's why I put that dialog there -- to help people figure out AR mode selection options while using an extender. For more info than that dialog says regarding setting the AR default, see the manual reference I posted above.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Andy, yes I did read it, mine install went bad some how. I deleted all of the STV and reloaded 6.6.2, then SageMC and I can now revert between the two to make adjustments. Very strange, but thank you for posting the manual pages.

Stranger89, nice write up on the AR stuff.

-Skybolt