SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unable to Import DVD (VOB) Movies Anymore

Something strange has happened. My SageTV will no longer import ripped DVD movies in VOB format. Everything was fine. Bought and ripped a new movie today, and moved it to my server. Scanned import folders and it did not show up. Played around and eventually tried removing the path and adding it back, but never got it to work. Since I removed the path, I then lost all ~230 movies that it had imported previously. Switched back to default STV and the behavior is the same. Created new folder locations and shares with copies of the DVD rips, but no luck. What could be causing SageTV to no longer have the ability to import VOB format DVD rips?

Things that have changed since importing a ripped DVD last (at least as far as I can remember):
- Upgraded to v6.6.1
- Upgraded to v6.6.2
- Installed BMT

Thanks in advance.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Are you using service mode and UNC import paths? If so, after upgrading, did you check that the service was still set to log in as the user w/a password needed to access the import paths?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Are you using service mode and UNC import paths? If so, after upgrading, did you check that the service was still set to log in as the user w/a password needed to access the import paths?

- Andy
Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using service mode. I have tried it with the local system account, the administrator account and password, and a user account and password. With the local system account, interact with desktop is checked. I have tried it with UNC paths (what I was using) and direct paths. SageTV will not import DVDs in VOB format anymore. It will import mpeg and mkv movies, but not ripped DVD movies in VOB format.

Help...
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage User

After spending hours on nearly the same problem myself, I figured I'd try and help. It's probably BMT. I had the same problem. Even removed import directories and tried adding back, but I could never import and DVDs. I would get the fan art/IMDB info though which was weird.

Solution: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...porting+videos

Try closing everything down. Then open Sage.properties and edit the property bmt enabled = false. That way it will not automatically start. Load up Sage and try importing. Worked fine for me. Then you can close and re-enable BMT to get all the fan-art.

I haven't tried adding any more DVDs yet, so we'll see if I have to go through the same process again.

Last edited by Loch; 09-05-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch View Post
After spending hours on nearly the same problem myself, I figured I'd try and help. It's probably BMT. I had the same problem. Even removed import directories and tried adding back, but I could never import and DVDs. I would get the fan art/IMDB info though which was weird.

Solution: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...porting+videos

Try closing everything down. Then open Sage.properties and edit the property bmt enabled = false. That way it will not automatically start. Load up Sage and try importing. Worked fine for me. Then you can close and re-enable BMT to get all the fan-art.

I haven't tried adding any more DVDs yet, so we'll see if I have to go through the same process again.
That was it. Thanks so much for the info. I thought it was probably BMT, but I had not had a chance to look around on how to disable it (relatives in town). I did look on the web interface, and tried rolling back STVi's but that did not help. I also tried a fresh install of SageTV (after a complete backup) and everything was fine with it. I guess I will have to see if I have to go through the process again next time I import a new DVD. Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage User

No problem. It took me a while to finally find that solution. Thank goodness I didn't start reinstalling yet.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch View Post
No problem. It took me a while to finally find that solution. Thank goodness I didn't start reinstalling yet.
Yeah, before I pulled that trigger officially on reinstalling, I was going to do a lot more research and testing to try to avoid it. It was pretty easy and quick to back up my directory, uninstall the SageTV WHS add-in, delete the SageTV directory, reinstall SageTV WHS add-in, test, shutdown, replace directly with backuped directory, everything running fine again, just with the original problem. Not too bad. It at least let me know it was not a problem with the latest version of SageTV, which was one of the things I changed since the last time the import worked. After that I saw your post, and all is right with the world again.