SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help importing STVI

So I've upgraded myself from 5.x to 6.x.. Actually I did an entire uninstall and now reinstall from scratch. As part of this upgrade I was to re-install of my trusted tried and true STVI modules that I've been using in 5.x for years now.

The first issue that I'm seeing comes from the import of Nelm's Dynamic Menu.. i've downloaded version 6.4.

I've followed the instructions to a tee (a few times) and this is what I'm seeing after the import is complete.

Failed to load XML menu file.

2 XML errors during the parsion of .... SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.XML.

its complaining at line 2 col 77 whcih is ...

Document root element "module", must match DOCTYPE root "null"

I've tried reverting, loading up various other XMLs to no avail. I don't remember having this much problems with 5.x and this customization... does it work with 6.x???

Many thanks ahead of time,
Belg
Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

When you get the error on screen one of the options is to load another menu file. Pick this and scroll to find the "default_menu_V6_3.xml" and load it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
When you get the error on screen one of the options is to load another menu file. Pick this and scroll to find the "default_menu_V6_3.xml" and load it.

Gerry
yeah tried that... what I ended up doing is renaming this default menu to menu.xls, placing it into the root SageTV directory then reloading. For whatever reason I never had a menu.xls in there prior to this..

*shrug*

Seems to work