SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage User

Using SageTV Client

I've recently moved my SageTV setup to a server and have purchased and installed the SageTV client on the computer we as a TV. I've told SageTV running on the server to use my HDHomerun tuners. I can start SageTV client have pointed it to the server IP address.

I'm having some trouble getting things to work again.

1) I can watch content that is already sitting on the server (shows recorded previously and moved to the server) but can't watch live TV.

2) SageTV client seems to have all the same settings as normal SageTV. I'm confused if I am supposed to try to configure record directories, input directories, etc.

Any direction is appreciated...

-Mike
Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

1) Sounds like this could be a file permissions issue. SageTV Client will try to access the files directly over the network if it can, so make sure to use UNC paths instead of dirve letters when configuring your recording and import directories (so they're visible from the network) and also make sure the user account you're logged in under on the client is recognized by the server OS and has permission to access those network shares.

2) Yes, you can remotely administer all server functions from the client. But if you've already set them up to your liking on the server, you don't need to do it again. The first time you run the client, it will prompt for local UI setup options such as UI language, playback codecs, and the like. Each client has its own set of UI options, but all clients share the same global server options (although the Setup screen isn't always clear about which is which).