SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLJLxx View Post
Good job on this Razr! I have gotten pretty addicted to the SMW and I thought I would grab this for my small collection of recorded TV. It was very simple to get going.
great glad you like it thanks.

Quote:
I thought I would look through all the settings and I enabled my preview window. It won't display anything though. I didn't see that anyone had been having this problem. Is it just me? Anyone know of why it would be doing this? I attached a screen.
mmm thats really strange ive never seen that before. Just to make sure i understand whats going on: When on the main screen the preview window is active and playing. Navigate to the TVE and the window is black. Does the audio continue? or when in the TVE screen is the video paused?

If the video is playing you should definitely be seeing the preview.

SageMC version?
SageTV version?

EDIT: If the video is paused there are some SageMC options that need to be set in order to still see the preview in TVE... but i think that if you see the paused preview window on the home screen you should see it in TVE. That being said i removed some if statements to fix this dependency. In the next build the TVE option will be solely in charge of the TVE preview window.
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 09-04-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I double checked and the preview window is playing on the Sage main menu. I will then click into TVE and it shows the preview panel as well as the audio, just not a picture.

I'm running -
SageTV 6.6.2
SageMC 6.3.9a
Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I double checked and the preview window is playing on the Sage main menu. I will then click into TVE and it shows the preview panel as well as the audio, just not a picture.

I'm running -
SageTV 6.6.2
SageMC 6.3.9a
mmmm... stranger and stranger... im really puzzled...

client, server or hd200? (or everywhere)

Try the attached TVE build.... unzip to your stv folder usually (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3) and load TVE (1.00b) into a blank SageMC (without TVE imported and preferably one without any other customizations).

This build removes some dependencies of the preview window on sagemc settings... if there is video playing or paused it should DEFINITELY be playing/visible now...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorer_1_00b.zip (31.9 KB, 210 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's just on my regular server. No extenders or anything. Gimme a bit to get this going...
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Correct me if I am wrong. I just loaded the newest SageMC_169.xml and then dropped your new build in and imported it. After doing this, I got the same results. I made sure I imported the 1.00b build. Did I do that right?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong. I just loaded the newest SageMC_169.xml and then dropped your new build in and imported it. After doing this, I got the same results. I made sure I imported the 1.00b build. Did I do that right?
yup you did that right.... mmm that's really strange and i'm at a complete loss now... Is anybody else seeing this?

I wonder if its some combination of hardware/software (non sage) bug and/or some scaling nonsense. Sage can get picky about scaling and proportions sometimes but i don't think I am violating any of those design rules. The fact that it is a black background in the preview window (instead of seeing the fanart behind the video) means that sage is playing something (also the fact that the audio continues).

Grasping at straws: Try changing the window size (smaller or larger). I just tried this from really small to full screen but it didnt have an effect on my setup (preview worked every time and even during resize). What kind of hardware is this computer? modernish graphics card (hd capable)? How about a dvd preview? does that work?

Sorry for all the random questions... I'm just really confused by this and not sure where to go from here...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I do alot at this computer as far as a mix of web surfing and Sage. I exit fullscreen all the time and I even tried just dragging to resize. No result. I have a Nvidia 9500GT as well as an AMD Phenom 9150e QC.

I just threw in Joe Dirt. It worked! So it works with DVDs?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I got it to work with Joe Dirt just find. After watching Joe Dirt for a second or two ( I couldn't help it, it makes me laugh), the movie started glitching on me. I looked at my SageTV settings and my video rendered was switched to Default. I switched back to VMR9 and it loaded the preview window while I was watching Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel. I'm guessing that was it. I just got my process of playing ripped blu-rays down and I was switching video settings around where they didn't need to be. Do you think that may have done it??
Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I do alot at this computer as far as a mix of web surfing and Sage. I exit fullscreen all the time and I even tried just dragging to resize. No result. I have a Nvidia 9500GT as well as an AMD Phenom 9150e QC.

I just threw in Joe Dirt. It worked! So it works with DVDs?
i have the 9500GT too... updated drivers?

What format are the tv files?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, I got it to work with Joe Dirt just find. After watching Joe Dirt for a second or two ( I couldn't help it, it makes me laugh), the movie started glitching on me. I looked at my SageTV settings and my video rendered was switched to Default. I switched back to VMR9 and it loaded the preview window while I was watching Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel. I'm guessing that was it. I just got my process of playing ripped blu-rays down and I was switching video settings around where they didn't need to be. Do you think that may have done it??
yup i bet that was it.... just changed my video renderer to default and no preview for me now either.... changed it back to vmr9 and all is ok. i bet it works on the default screen with default video rendering because there is nothing on top of the video (the frame in TVE).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
yup i bet that was it.... just changed my video renderer to default and no preview for me now either.... changed it back to vmr9 and all is ok. i bet it works on the default screen with default video rendering because there is nothing on top of the video (the frame in TVE).
It should be fine now. Just another user error. I appreciate the quick help, razr. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It should be fine now. Just another user error. I appreciate the quick help, razr. Thanks.
no prob glad we/you were able to figure it out... and I'm glad I was able to confirm.... independent confirmation is always nice
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Razr,

Glad to see this is getting ported to the default stv, any news on the next version for MC?

~ Brian
Old 09-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Hey Razr,

Glad to see this is getting ported to the default stv, any news on the next version for MC?

~ Brian
First, just wanted to give a big thanks to tmiranda for doing all the heavy lifting to get TVE ported to the default STV

TVE V2 is probably mid October. The past couple (read 3 or 4) weeks I've taken a break from most things sage so the progress has been slow. That being said V2 is coming along nicely and will hopefully be ready at some point in October.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Awesome! can't wait. keep up all the great work! Didn't want that to sound whiny about when is the next version, i know you guys do a ton for this community!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Sage User

TVExplorer help

I just started to use TvExplorer because I have a lot of Tv Series That I have copied on my server and want to be able to view them by series/episode with the banner art etc.

However when I point to that directory and do a import rescan I so no media what so ever. What am I doing wrong? And what is the correct way to import your tv series into this cool looking ad-on?

Thanks in advanced.

* merged *
Old 09-23-2009, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman1973 View Post
I just started to use TvExplorer because I have a lot of Tv Series That I have copied on my server and want to be able to view them by series/episode with the banner art etc.

However when I point to that directory and do a import rescan I so no media what so ever. What am I doing wrong? And what is the correct way to import your tv series into this cool looking ad-on?

Thanks in advanced.
This should really be in the TVE explore topic.

But to the question at hand. Do they show up in the standard sagemc video library? Also you must be using BMT to get metadata for the shows as that will mark the meida type as "tv" and TVE needs that to reconize the files.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Andy, maybe you can merge this thread with the TVExplorer support thread.

Couple questions (mainly reiterating what plucky said... thanks btw )
  • After you add the import path and do a rescan do the videos show up in the SageMC default video library?
  • When you unzipped TVE did you unzip to the sagetv install directory, overwriting existing files, preserving defaults?
  • When you say you see no media on the TVE screen... Do you have any sage recorded tv? That should display unless you have specifically filtered them out.
  • Is BMT installed, what version?
  • Is Phoenix installed, what version? TVE Options -> Info -> Phoenix.api version?
  • Does metadata exist for the videos? BMT is the most universal means of gathering metadata so that is the recommended approach. The short answer is that the MediaType needs to be TV for TVE to recognize the videos as TV. You can check this from the bmt web browse feature.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Sage User

I have a question on adding in custom Banners, Backgrounds, and Posters. If I wanted to add or remove banners, what is the process. Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere already.

Last edited by bug1124; 09-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to say thanks for this plug-in. You helped me complete the look I was going for with sagetv. Thanks again.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.