SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool Guide, could Sage do something similar?

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/07/16...ith-new-guide/

I saw this today and though this was a great alternative to your traditional Guide look. I love how it expands the selected channel to a wider aspect and includes a fanart like background.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post

I saw this today and though this was a great alternative to your traditional Guide look. I love how it expands the selected channel to a wider aspect and includes a fanart like background.
They might be willing to license it.... if Sage were to look at licensing UI components I would also suggest the look at Fluffy Spider Technologies FancyPants UI http://www.fst.net/

They also have some very neat pre-packaged UI's specifically for PVR / DVR / Media Centers
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

that's definitely doable and an interesting idea for an import.... it would a be a pretty sizable import but nothing about that guide layout is unachievable in Studio... the expanding table could be tricky but i would think it could be done.... so all we need is an enterprising developer to tackle it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
that's definitely doable and an interesting idea for an import.... it would a be a pretty sizable import but nothing about that guide layout is unachievable in Studio... the expanding table could be tricky but i would think it could be done.... so all we need is an enterprising developer to tackle it
I took a hard look at this when I saw it on endgaget this morning most Is doable.
The perspective on the text I don't think Is possible with studio. If it were I would probably take it on eventually.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I took a hard look at this when I saw it on endgaget this morning most Is doable.
The perspective on the text I don't think Is possible with studio.
Agreed, pretty please sage introduce some text and image widget attributes to introduce perspective... think non rectangular panel widgets where rectangular text/images will scale too...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 07-16-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Agreed, pretty please sage introduce some text and image widget attributes to introduce perspective... think non rectangular panel widgets where rectangular text will scale too...
Agreed as well as some text box functions like word to make text more graphic like