SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

View Poll Results: Where does Sage Movie Wall (SMW) need to improve?
Nothing Love it just like it is get to work on Sage Audio Wall already 11 22.00%
More views, animations, slicker interface. (Eye Candy!!) 4 8.00%
Home page growth better filtering,options (if so suggestions?) 2 4.00%
Better/Custom grouping capabilites (other than existing Genres) 6 12.00%
Performance/Speed I want it to run faster.... 27 54.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage Movie Wall Survey

Hey guys just wanted to get some opions of users. Help me determine where my time is better spent.

Cheers and TIA.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Sage Expert

I'm in the category of users that get very slow response and lockups. It's configured properly, brand new sagemc import, etc. I use the latest beta (or try ).

Thanks for the hard work. This thing is too awesome to give up on. I'll be around!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I chose the first option. I'm running the beta and it has been awesome! Already showcased it to a number of friends, a big WOW factor in this house. Girlfriend loves it to, that could be make or break for me, so you can almost count that as a second vote. Between the summer break for most shows and your new movie wall, I find myself watching alot more movies again.

It's certainly come a long ways from the 2 minute wait to get into it from my client. Great work, and if you're planning on implementing any of this on the music section, then I better clean up my music files, because I'll be listening to quite a bit more music as well.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like it. However, it doesn't work well in a regular Sage interface; too hard a transition. I would like to see an entire Sage STV built around this theme (like you have nothing better to do).

Of course, I would like to see a Sage STV that was a total rip-off of Windows 7 MC. Too bad Sage doesn't support MCML.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

I'd also vote for "It looks great, but please make it work on the default STV".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Those voting for faster performance I am curious what hardware you have (it does take a more powerful pc for list view and coverflow view)

Also what is your Java Heap Size?

In my testing it is faster than the default Sagemc video library on wall view. Coverflow view is vastly improved in my latest internal build (very fast) and I am working on list view speed improvements.

Definately would like to hear feedback on the speed request.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Better Grouping Options.. perhaps being able to use Next and Prev from within the wall to change folders or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'd also vote for "It looks great, but please make it work on the default STV".
Oh yeah.. and ^THIS^...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

My only real complant about SMW is that is only uses posters and not "folder.jpg" files for cover art when in coverflow view...

I get good speed at the server and on clients.. This went 1000 times faster when I ditched my unraid setup and moved my video collection to the sage box.......

Im really lookin forward to the music and picture walls to get that uniform look in Sage..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Sage Expert

PC Specs:

WinXP Pro
Phenom 9500 quad-core (2.2GHz)
3GB ram
Geforce 9500GT 512MB
1GB Java Heap

I'm using your latest beta. Usually it will just completely freeze up and I have to kill Sage through the task manager.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
My only real complant about SMW is that is only uses posters and not "folder.jpg" files for cover art when in coverflow view...

I get good speed at the server and on clients.. This went 1000 times faster when I ditched my unraid setup and moved my video collection to the sage box.......

Im really lookin forward to the music and picture walls to get that uniform look in Sage..
I get great speed with the regular SageMC video library once the centralized fanart was set up, and I moved all the images to a drive on my server. I still use the Unraid system for the actual video storage, just don't use the folder.jpg files for each movie that's on there (stored centrally now). The speed up updates on the screen since moving over improved 100-fold. I'd never switch back myself, the slowdown would kill the WAF .
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
I get great speed with the regular SageMC video library once the centralized fanart was set up, and I moved all the images to a drive on my server. I still use the Unraid system for the actual video storage, just don't use the folder.jpg files for each movie that's on there (stored centrally now). The speed up updates on the screen since moving over improved 100-fold. I'd never switch back myself, the slowdown would kill the WAF .
When using the default SageMC screens, I use "covers" or folder.jpg files in the selection screen (since they are version specific) and "posters" in the info screen.. So 99% of the fanart is located in the info screens. Which is really nice about the new SMW that the info screens are not needed and still get the fanart

The default is actually SLOWER now and SMW is FASTER since ditching unRAID... Im using flexRAID now, so I still have parity protection and am able to do everything I was before.. Except with 1 computer running instead of 2, 24x7
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
When using the default SageMC screens, I use "covers" or folder.jpg files in the selection screen (since they are version specific) and "posters" in the info screen.. So 99% of the fanart is located in the info screens. Which is really nice about the new SMW that the info screens are not needed and still get the fanart

The default is actually SLOWER now and SMW is FASTER since ditching unRAID... Im using flexRAID now, so I still have parity protection and am able to do everything I was before.. Except with 1 computer running instead of 2, 24x7
This is how performance should be faster than default SageMC video library at least in all my testing. If you are having speed issues 90% of the time they can be resolved by following the steps mentioned in the below post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...123#post368123
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using an HD200 connected to a E8400 (3GhZ) Core2 with 3GB of memory running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. I'm using the latest betas of SageTV, SageMC, and (I thought) SMW. My heap is set to 1024, which is overkill, but I had the same sluggishness at 512, so I upped the heap to see if that helped.

One other thing I'd like to see, documentation wise (and I might have missed this) are steps for configuring SMW for each type of display, or at least the screenshots shown. There are a lot of options that I don't fully understand how they tie together.

Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Those voting for faster performance I am curious what hardware you have (it does take a more powerful pc for list view and coverflow view)

Also what is your Java Heap Size?

In my testing it is faster than the default Sagemc video library on wall view. Coverflow view is vastly improved in my latest internal build (very fast) and I am working on list view speed improvements.

Definately would like to hear feedback on the speed request.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
I'm using an HD200 connected to a E8400 (3GhZ) Core2 with 3GB of memory running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. I'm using the latest betas of SageTV, SageMC, and (I thought) SMW. My heap is set to 1024, which is overkill, but I had the same sluggishness at 512, so I upped the heap to see if that helped.

One other thing I'd like to see, documentation wise (and I might have missed this) are steps for configuring SMW for each type of display, or at least the screenshots shown. There are a lot of options that I don't fully understand how they tie together.

Ben
Is is running okay for you?

Please post your other question in the main stvi forum for SMW and I will answer over there, It is pretty easy to change views (view/filter option) and then view.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This is how performance should be faster than default SageMC video library at least in all my testing. If you are having speed issues 90% of the time they can be resolved by following the steps mentioned in the below post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...123#post368123
All my background pics are 1280x720 and folder.jpg are 366x518 (thats the size mymovies uses.. ive kept them at that size since converting).. I dont have any posters.. I am sure of the sizes as I do all my fanart manually

My coments about speed were about moving from having all my media and fanart on a unraid box to the same box with sage.