SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Weird Recording Spree…

I am not sure why this happened…

Last night my tuners went on a recording spree. During the course of about 8 hours or so a total of 41 programs were recorded… None of these recordings are my favorites and I don’t use intelligent recordings. These recordings are random. They are not all on the same tuner or the same channel.

In addition to the above recording spree this triggered a total of 321 system messages telling me that I have conflicts and certain random shows were not being recorded because of these conflicts.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Do you think this was a random 1-time occurrence…

TIA
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Are you sure they aren't from a Favorite, perhaps a keyword mistake for "the"? Are the recordings marked as Favs, or if you use the Record command on one, does it offer an option to adjust the Favorite?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Something like that happened to us once - my wife added a keyword favorite as the name of some guy who does occasional appearances on talk shows (one of those designer guys who appears on Oprah and such... she wanted to make sure she recorded it when he appeared, without having to record Oprah every day). It happens that his first name and last name are very common, and many other shows, in the "backstage credits" list, will have both (one person with the same first name, one person with the same last name). And those names don't always even show up in the brief show description - it often took us a lot of curious IMDB searching to figure out what was causing the recording.

Needless to say, I told my wife she had to drop that favorite.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

I’ve never set up a favorite by keyword. I even went meticulously through each of my series to make sure there was no random keyword. No such luck.

They appear to all be one-off recordings and the names have no distinct similarities.

Here are a few of the random recordings:
Family Matters
The Way, The Truth and The Life
Jump Start
A Place of Our Own
Moral Orel
Robot Chicken
Bosley: Hair Loss Answers

The weird thing is that I was watching recorded content when I went to bed last night (around 11ish). All these recordings happened between 11pm – 6am. There was no indication of impending conflicts or indications of a bunch of weird programs showing up in my upcoming recordings list…

I’m at a loss here.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Sage Expert

SageTV is just SO intelligent that it knew you want each of those recordings, even if you don't think so.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

was you screen on the guide and something sitting on the remote? You'd be surprised how much strange stuff can happen when you are not there, and some inanimate object is watching your tv.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

That "Bosley: Hair loss answers" looks like a winner - don't miss that exciting episode
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
was you screen on the guide and something sitting on the remote? You'd be surprised how much strange stuff can happen when you are not there, and some inanimate object is watching your tv.
I don't believe so...

My wife was up watching a movie for a while after I dozed off, and she shut down the HD200 when she went to bed. Many of these recordings were happening while the HD200 was off… So it’s not like HD200 had a tuner lock on a tuner and it captured everything for 7 hours or so. Actually it was recording on all cylinders… All 4 of my tuners were busy recording all night long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That "Bosley: Hair loss answers" looks like a winner - don't miss that exciting episode
I can’t wait to watch that one! I also have the “Hair Club for Men and Women” to watch too.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
My wife was up watching a movie for a while after I dozed off
I think we found our answer, right there.

Just teasin'.... (maybe?)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I’ve never set up a favorite by keyword. I even went meticulously through each of my series to make sure there was no random keyword. No such luck.
You don't need to go searching through all your Favorites. As I said above, just use the the Record command on an existing recording & check to see if it has an option to adjust a Fav instead of adding a Fav. If the recording is a Fav, it should be outlined & marked as one anyway.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Robot Chicken is a keeper!!! Trust me on that one, it's hilarious...if you have young kids, make certain they are in bed when you watch it, but it's a great addition to anyone's favorite recordings!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Three Thumbs Up for ROBOT CHICKEN!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage User

Same problem here. Mine has gone nuts and is recording everything under the sun across all three tuners.

I only have 7 favorites, and none are by keyword.

Running the .18 beta.

Any help?

Ah. Intelligent Recording was somehow flipped on! No clue, I suppose a random click, but I could not tell you the last time I wandered into the Detailed Setup screen, so as to why it was flipped on... Who knows!