SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 PM

no sound except on hd-200

Hello all, first post, new to sagetv..

I have a xp server (dell xps dual core 3 gig ram) running the latest sage tv software in the basement. I have a hd-200 connected to a tv upstairs that is working fine. After first installing the hd-200 I had an audio problem where the commercials were much louder than the shows and the voice audio was lower then all the rest. After some forum searching I came across a thread that advised I run ac3config and set my hd-200 for ac3 (I think). I did that and all is well on the hd-200. THe problem(s) started showing up when I tried to watch tv on a client machine (laptop) and on the server via an attached tv. The picture is fine but there is no sound on any machine except the hd-200's tv.

I assumed I had to set each client to ac3 somehow but tried that on the client config but still no dice.

And now for the life of me I cant find where on the hd-200's config I set the ac3 settings.

Correct me if I am wrong but when I access the "detailed setup" on the hd-200 or on a client arnt I changing specific things on that clients profile in sage and not the actual sagetv server settings?

So after this long winded question, does anybody have any idea how to get sound on the client ? I am awaiting the arrival of a mediamvp for the bedroom and am ASSuming I will have the sound problem there too if I dont fix it first.

--Edit--
Forgot to mention I am using SageMC on the hd-200 but I dont think its pertinent

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by ehutte; 06-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like you are missing an Audio codec on the client side. Not sure what one, but sure sounds like it is missing.

Also, I thought ac3config was for the PC output only, is this incorrect?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM

still no sound

I have received and set up my Media MVP on a sd set in the bedroom and I DO have sound there. But still no sound from the server via an attached tv.. I have windows sound from that machine but not from sage. I can even play a video on WMP 11 on that machine and can hear sound BUT NOT a Sage TV recording??

What am I missing??

Also if someone can answer me this riddle: When I change a setting on either the Media MVP or HD-200 in either "SageMC" or "Detailed Setup" am I changing the setting for that machine only or for all machines in the house ???

Eric