SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Favorites across seasons & show alerts

Hi

The Wire is currently being shown on BBC2 in the UK. I caught the first show of season 2 and set it up as a favorite. SageTV diligently recorded all further episodes of the show (apart from missing the first 5 minutes in most cases ).

Anyway, season 3 is coming up soon and I wonder if SageTV will auto-record this? ie do favourites work across seasons?

A supplementary question, as the start of season 3 is more than 2 weeks out, it's not on my EPG yet. Is there a way for Sage to alert me when it appears?

Thanks in advance

Peter
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Favorites have no concept of seasons -- they can be set to record First Runs only, but that just depends on the EPG First Run marker, not what season it is.

If the Favorite is based on the title, it will catch the show, unless they change the name of the show slightly, as happened with a few shows in the past.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Sage User

One of the things that I really liked about my old ReplayTV was that I could program it to record shows based upon a keyword (e.g., 'Survivor'). That way when the title of the show changed slightly from season to season, it wouldn't really matter as long as the show title retained the keyword. This was also extremely helpful for intelligently recording shows based on an interest area (e.g., 'home theater'). I believe this would address the OP's concern, and would also help in many other situations as well. Any chance of us seeing something like this, with SageTV?

Dave
Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW42 View Post
One of the things that I really liked about my old ReplayTV was that I could program it to record shows based upon a keyword (e.g., 'Survivor'). ... Any chance of us seeing something like this, with SageTV?
Sure -- you can see it on the Favorites Manager menu; description starts on p. 66 of the v6.5 PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Sage User

That was fast! In the space of 9 minutes you implemented a feature, auto upgraded all of our software, and documented it in the User's Manual. Absolutely amazing!

Thanks Andy!

Dave