SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

extremely long pause when entering system info

I've just upgraded my hard drives and added an additional 200GB drive. Now I have two 200GB drives in a RAID0 configuration with a single partition size of 374GB. It's formatted in 64K clusters. When I attempt to enter System Information in SageTV V2.014 it takes about 2 mintues to display, and the whole system locks up until it enters. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Re: extremely long pause when entering system info

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
I've just upgraded my hard drives and added an additional 200GB drive. Now I have two 200GB drives in a RAID0 configuration with a single partition size of 374GB. It's formatted in 64K clusters. When I attempt to enter System Information in SageTV V2.014 it takes about 2 mintues to display, and the whole system locks up until it enters. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Have you tried the same drives in a non-RAID configuration? The only thing that I can think of is that Windows is having problems determining the size of the disk. I don't have my drives in a RAID configuration, so I can't be all that helpful
Old 03-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

What kind of raid are you using? Harware or windows software?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using software raid - the drives in a non-raid config are fine, but I wanted the bigger partition for the primary sage recordings - unless there is another way of doing it? Can you add more than one directory for sage to record with?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
I wanted the bigger partition for the primary sage recordings - unless there is another way of doing it? Can you add more than one directory for sage to record with?
Definitely: go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> General -> Video Directories -> Modify & add all you want. SageTV will split its recordings over all the video directories, keeping roughly the same amont of free space in all of them.

- Andy
Old 03-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Sage Expert

Setup->Detailed Setup->General->Video Directories->Add New Directory
Old 03-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Have you rebooted your system since creating the raid? Are the drives on diffrent controllers or the same one? Personally, I would not go with a raid0 config as if one drive goes down for any reason you lose everything.