SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:12 AM

Hauppauge remote conflict with Panasonic remote

I am using the Hauppauge 45 button remote with STV - seems to work OK.

However, my TV remote (Panasonic LCD) seems to use some of the same codes. So when using the TV remote, the Hauppauge remote receiver picks up some commands and does strange stuff with STV while I am not looking :-(

I have used the remote mapping utility on the setup menu - it shows that the Panasonic remote is being detected by the Hauppauge IR receiver for quite a number of commands. Not sure what I can do - can't disable the commands as some of them are quite fundamental.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage User

I have the same problem with my father-in-law's PC and Magnavox TV. I gave him a PC with Sage so it would be easy for him to use. The problem is that the Sony universal remote that controls his TV also does stuff to Sage and the Hauppage remote does stuff to the TV. So you can imagine it's quite confusing for him. When the volume is changed on the TV, the volume also lowers in Sage. So sometimes he will switch over and he has no sound in Sage and he doesn't know what to do. I don't think there's anything to do other than get another remote and IR for Sage.

Tags
remote conflict panasonic