SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge 45 button remote issue (MCE kit remote)

Could anyone tell me the first version of Sage that all of the hauppauge buttons properly work. In V4.1.3.67 the guide and the Green MCE button of the 45 button controller dont seem to work.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Administrator

What Hauppauge remote are you talking about? This one (#1) doesn't have a green MCE button.

This one (#2) has the MCE button & comes as the MCE-kit version of some of the PVR products. I don't know if this one operates as an MCE remote using MCE drivers & such, or if you would be using it vie Hauppauge's IR software with irremote.ini.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Im using the one with the MCE-Kit. It has the green MCE button. All of the buttons worked good with STV 4.1.10, but i went back to the version mentioned in my previous post and now the remote doesnt work. Well, some work, but the more, live tv, guide, mce, vol, etc dont work. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator

OK, so you probably are not using it via the Hauppauge IR software & are using MCE drivers for it instead. In that case, you would have to check the release notes for which beta version first mentioned when all the MCE buttons were supported. But, improvements have been made in that area, so if you were going to use a beta, you ought to check out the v4.1.13 beta that was just released this evening.

(I updated the thread title so it is less confusing regarding which remote is being discussed.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage User

actually im just using the hauppauge ir.exe program and i assume the irremote.ini. a few more of the buttons are working now. I reinstalled sage 4.1.3 again, but this time i remembered to restart the ir service. now the guide button works, but the volume, live tv, and green mce button still dont work. again thanks for the help.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Administrator

So, the remote doesn't work at all if you close ir.exe (from the icon in the system tray)? In that case, I don't believe anything has changed in terms of using a Hauppauge remote w/irremote.ini for SageTV in a long time. I don't have Hauppauge's MCE style remote nor an IR receiver that could be used with it, so I don't yet know if its button codes are the same or different as the other Huappauge remotes. You could see my comments in this post from a similar question today to see if that helps.

- Andy
Old 04-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage User

OK finally, I remember that when i had 4.1.10 installed the remote buttons worked great. Oh, and they dont work right with 4.1.13 either. Anyways, I reinstalled 4.1.10 and made a copy of the irremote.ini. After installing 4.1.13, i copied the SageTV section of the 4.1.10 ini and pasted it over the SageTV section in the 4.1.13 version ini. Now my remote works right again. Here is a copy of the ini that works from 4.1.10. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Irremote.ini.txt (29.8 KB, 328 views)
Old 04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what is going on.

I saw nothing different in the [SageTV] section compared to what should be there for any other version. Those SageTV modifications for irremote.ini haven't changed.

But, for some reason, you have an extra [Applications] section at the end of your file with just the SageTV applications. If that section overrides the one earlier in the file, then it is causing the [SageTV] section to be the default section. Did you copy that into place? If not, I'm not sure why it would be there.

- Andy
Old 04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Oh - and I'm still not clear on something: what kind of IR receiver are you using? Is there an IR receiver attached to your capture card, or are you using the USB IR receiver that is not connected to a tuner at all?

In v4.1.13, what remote did you tell SageTV to use in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote config?

If you use just the remote with the USB receiver and don't run ir.exe, I think it should just act as any other MCE remote. In that case, make sure the MCE remote is configured correctly in SageTV for v4.1.13 or else it won't do much of anything. v4.1.10 was the first version where full MCE remote support was added.

- Andy
Old 04-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Oh - and I'm still not clear on something: what kind of IR receiver are you using? Is there an IR receiver attached to your capture card, or are you using the USB IR receiver that is not connected to a tuner at all?

In v4.1.13, what remote did you tell SageTV to use in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote config?

If you use just the remote with the USB receiver and don't run ir.exe, I think it should just act as any other MCE remote. In that case, make sure the MCE remote is configured correctly in SageTV for v4.1.13 or else it won't do much of anything. v4.1.10 was the first version where full MCE remote support was added.

- Andy
Im using the USB IR reciever. I have STV setup to use the MCE Remote. Im not quite sure what i was doing wrong, but heres where i am now:

I have 4.1.13 installed, stopped ir.exe, chose MCE remote in setup, and now voila! everything works on the remote again. Not sure what i did wrong the first time around. Anyway, I guess the question behind the question for this entire thread would be that what im trying to do is go back to version 4.1.3, the latest non-beta version. For some reason, overnight when i go to watch tv SageTV in the morning, it has crashed and im just at the XP desktop. But, when i install 4.1.3, I cant get the MCE remote to work right. Does that version support all of the buttons? Just trying to get it all stable and working so my wife doesnt make me buy TIVO. Blahh!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Administrator

As I said above, v4.1.10 was the first version that recognized all the MCE buttons. Prior to that, you have to use something like HIP or Girder to access all buttons.

If you have been trying the beta & it crashes, then you should follow up with a bug report & your debug logs. (Turning on debug logging is in the FAQs.) If no one else has reported a problem that is the same as the one you are experiencing, it may not get fixed & it will continue to happen when you install a newer version.

- Andy
Old 04-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage User

ok, thanks for the help. Ill see if I can get a debug report.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage User

I stumbled on this thread while searching for remote problems myself. I use the same remote from the PVR-150 MCE kit with no happauge software, no girder, just the ability of Sage (post .10). I just upgraded to .13 and it appears that some of my buttons (primarily the green button) have ceased to function as well.