SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
Folder jpegs.
I forgot to list, but had mentioned version 4 no longer works with folder.jpegs and requires fanart fully. This was due to at the time of coding phoenix didn't allow image transformations on folder jpegs. I believe that has been fixed but haven't gotten to look at it. I discussed on here and decided with others the speed increase of going to all fanart support was worth it for the program. I would highly recomend installing bmt and getting fanart you will be much happier IMHO with you entire sage experience with fanartbg,posters and banners.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I forgot to list, but had mentioned version 4 no longer works with folder.jpegs and requires fanart fully. This was due to at the time of coding phoenix didn't allow image transformations on folder jpegs. I believe that has been fixed but haven't gotten to look at it. I discussed on here and decided with others the speed increase of going to all fanart support was worth it for the program. I would highly recomend installing bmt and getting fanart you will be much happier IMHO with you entire sage experience with fanartbg,posters and banners.
Ok - sounds good. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

As usual, awesome work on V4, Plucky!

However, I need some help getting my movies to sort by file structure. I am a little bit confused as how to get this working. Say for example, I have all the 4 Fast and Furious movies,

The Fast & The Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious

How would I go about creating the folder structure so that all 4 of these movies appear together on SMW?

Thanks for any help.

BPP!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
As usual, awesome work on V4, Plucky!

However, I need some help getting my movies to sort by file structure. I am a little bit confused as how to get this working. Say for example, I have all the 4 Fast and Furious movies,

The Fast & The Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious

How would I go about creating the folder structure so that all 4 of these movies appear together on SMW?

Thanks for any help.

BPP!
Make a folder called the fast and the furious in you video library shat and put all 4 movies inside that folder then make sure you are using file-system view in smw. This will make smw show only fast and furious main folder an you can click to drill down and see movies inside
Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Love the plugin.... thanks for the hard work. I am, however, having an issue with stability. If I use SMW on my extender after about a half a day or so the HD200 extender starts slowing WAY down, eventually locking up. This requires a reboot of the Sage server. This only happens if I use SMW. If I avoid going into the SMW menu I can run for days/weeks without an issue. As soon as I go into SMW the slowdown begins until it ultimately stops responding. If I wait long enough (4-5 minutes) I can get back to the main menu but everything looks horrible (like low-res graphics) and it has a black background. I recently updated to v4.0, the latest BMT and used the latest stock SageMC STV but am having the same issue.

I have about 650 movies. A mixture of HD MKVs, DVDs and AVIs. Any ideas? I love the plugin but WAF goes way down once it slows down/locks up.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Love the plugin.... thanks for the hard work. I am, however, having an issue with stability. If I use SMW on my extender after about a half a day or so the HD200 extender starts slowing WAY down, eventually locking up. This requires a reboot of the Sage server. This only happens if I use SMW. If I avoid going into the SMW menu I can run for days/weeks without an issue. As soon as I go into SMW the slowdown begins until it ultimately stops responding. If I wait long enough (4-5 minutes) I can get back to the main menu but everything looks horrible (like low-res graphics) and it has a black background. I recently updated to v4.0, the latest BMT and used the latest stock SageMC STV but am having the same issue.

I have about 650 movies. A mixture of HD MKVs, DVDs and AVIs. Any ideas? I love the plugin but WAF goes way down once it slows down/locks up.
Wow that sounds like you have a memory leak with something going on. I have ran version 4.0 for weeks without any problems on either hd200 (have 2 of them). When you start the hd200 and go into smw and exit and power off the hd200 I would check your memory and cpu usage to see if sage is still using allot.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Sage Expert

OK... I deleted all but the core essentials from my properties files, re-downloaded the latest Sage Release, SageMC, Moviewall, AMIS, BMT, and TV Info Screen and reinstalled all. I also deleted all of my downloaded fanart and cache folder. WOW, Movie Wall is FAST with no fanart. Just doesn't look pretty Fanart should repopulate in about 24 hours so we'll see if that fixes it.

On to another question...

I've noticed that sometimes when I have two discs for a movie (I.E. two .MKV files for The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) it shows one image with text that says "2:Videos" underneath. I can't seem to figure out how to access the second file - it only seems to allow access to the first one (?) The files are named "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King Disc1" and "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King Disc2". They're both in my "HD- Movies" root folder.

Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I've noticed that sometimes when I have two discs for a movie (I.E. two .MKV files for The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) it shows one image with text that says "2:Videos" underneath. I can't seem to figure out how to access the second file - it only seems to allow access to the first one (?) The files are named "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King Disc1" and "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King Disc2". They're both in my "HD- Movies" root folder.

Thanks!
Make sure you are in File-system view
Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Make sure you are in File-system view
Thanks... I verified I am in file-system view. When I go into SMW I see my main folders (HD Movies, Wife's Movies, DVD Rentals, etc) and click to go into the folder that has the two files at issue. Once I click on them I go to the movie detail screen and can only play the first one. I also tried putting the two files into their own folder and had Sage reindex, but have the same issue. Memory usage does seem to be high even for Vista at 1.2G in use when the problem manifests itself (starts out at 725M when server is first loaded).

Also, reinstalled Sage and am only running the latest SageMC and SMW 4 import (which I love, did I mention that?). Sage works great for hours until I first go into SMW. After that it slows down over the next 5-10 minutes until it no longer responds. I guess the next step is to reformat the drive and start from scratch.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks... I verified I am in file-system view. When I go into SMW I see my main folders (HD Movies, Wife's Movies, DVD Rentals, etc) and click to go into the folder that has the two files at issue. Once I click on them I go to the movie detail screen and can only play the first one. I also tried putting the two files into their own folder and had Sage reindex, but have the same issue. Memory usage does seem to be high even for Vista at 1.2G in use when the problem manifests itself (starts out at 725M when server is first loaded).

Also, reinstalled Sage and am only running the latest SageMC and SMW 4 import (which I love, did I mention that?). Sage works great for hours until I first go into SMW. After that it slows down over the next 5-10 minutes until it no longer responds. I guess the next step is to reformat the drive and start from scratch.
First I am goingto say your two movies are getting named the same by bmt and that could me tv issue.

On the other note did you perform all transformations for smw and all scaling and make sure they both finished and then restart client or server?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
First I am goingto say your two movies are getting named the same by bmt and that could me tv issue.
As I was just about to fall asleep last night and had that same thought. More of a BMT question, but if I manually edit the .properties files and rename the titles, that should split them out again (?)

Update: Manually editing the .properties file to rename the titles and copying/renaming the fanart folders to match works. Unfortunately that means I need to manually do this for all 50 UFC fights I have in my library. It would sure be nice if there were two separate media files SMW could recognize this and allow selection of either video, even though BMT gives them the same title

Quote:
On the other note did you perform all transformations for smw and all scaling and make sure they both finished and then restart client or server?
I haven't done the scaling yet. I went into SMW settings and told it to load the Scaling menu but it didn't (starts on the SMW launch page - which is also enabled). Is there a way to get to the scaling menu without adding it as a dynamic menu? I didn't mess with it beyond enabling it in settings. Getting the wife to like Sage is a catch-22. She's now not as dead set against me spending money on it, but also hates it when it's down...

Thanks for your help!!

Update: I got scaling to work. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday, but worked fine this morning. I'm sure I wasn't doing something right.

Last edited by White94Cobra; 09-07-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry I'm a little new to using SMW. I downloaded and installed the most current version. I was currently just using the most recent SageTV and SageMC with my WHS and MyMovies to get the metadata, fanart, and coverart. But with SMW I can't get it to see anything just the movies. Do I have to use BMT or phoneix? or can I use MyMovies with WHS and their just some settings I need to change with SMW? Thanks.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Sorry I'm a little new to using SMW. I downloaded and installed the most current version. I was currently just using the most recent SageTV and SageMC with my WHS and MyMovies to get the metadata, fanart, and coverart. But with SMW I can't get it to see anything just the movies. Do I have to use BMT or phoneix? or can I use MyMovies with WHS and their just some settings I need to change with SMW? Thanks.
The structure for fanart, etc... is different with SageTV then with MyMovies. With SageTV/SMW you need to have all your fanart/coverart saved in a central location. Best bet would be to install BMT to generate everything correctly.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-07-2009, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't done the scaling yet. I went into SMW settings and told it to load the Scaling menu but it didn't (starts on the SMW launch page - which is also enabled). Is there a way to get to the scaling menu without adding it as a dynamic menu? I didn't mess with it beyond enabling it in settings. Getting the wife to like Sage is a catch-22. She's now not as dead set against me spending money on it, but also hates it when it's down...

Thanks for your help!!

Update: I got scaling to work. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday, but worked fine this morning. I'm sure I wasn't doing something right.
Yes you must perform all transformations before using version 4. Scaling is optional but recomended. Also of note if you didn't get the scaling menu on first load you didn't delete all your properties that start with "pluckyhd" before instalilng version 4. I would recomend this as there are some property changes that could cause errors. Make sure and delete them from your client properties as well as your server properties.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Like DBone said BMT is required but you can set BMT up to use the information from mymovies.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Make sure, if/when (hopefully when) you get BMT setup, that your central Fanart folder is all setup correctly. I was banging my head against the wall for weeks trying to get this to work. Just a quick tip so you don't run into the same stump I did.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Like DBone said BMT is required but you can set BMT up to use the information from mymovies.
Any tips on how to configure it? I havn't had much luck with BMT either.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any tips on how to configure it? I havn't had much luck with BMT either.
I have not had much experience with BMT and Mymovies I just know it can import from there. If you have issues/questions I would post in the BMT forum Stuckless is always willing to help as are others. I prefer keeping BMT post/questions over there so others can easily find it if needed.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I got a small suggestion now sure if you people like it. right now for the media icons, in order to display if its HD (720p or 1080p) the media file has to be the EXACT same size.

So what im suggesting is if we can round up to either 720p and 1080p.
Ie
Everything between 320x480 and 1280x720 mark it as 720p
and everything that is between 1281x721 and 1920x1080 mark it as 1080p

I ask for this since very few movies have the exact 720p or 1080p (bluray encondes at least)

And great work with this STVi.. Every persons that comes to my houses and sees it just WOWs and now everyone is dying to get a SageTV I just love the speedenhancments that was introduced V4

Old 09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
I got a small suggestion now sure if you people like it. right now for the media icons, in order to display if its HD (720p or 1080p) the media file has to be the EXACT same size.

So what im suggesting is if we can round up to either 720p and 1080p.
Ie
Everything between 320x480 and 1280x720 mark it as 720p
and everything that is between 1281x721 and 1920x1080 mark it as 1080p
personally i would NOT want it this way... if it says it is 720p... it better be 720p (if you wanted to mark say x700 to x768 as 720p and x1040p to x1090p as 1080p then i would probably be ok with that.. )

but marking something that is WAY off (to not even be considered close to one of the standards i would find annoying... maybe instead when the resolution is not one of the standards display the vertical resolution as text...

Quote:
I ask for this since very few movies have the exact 720p or 1080p (bluray encondes at least)
really? i think every bluray rip i have is a 1080p directly... and is labeled as such... i do not do any reencoding but rip the main movie plus main audio track to a bluray disc format.
Check out TVExplorer