SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I vote for a Music Wall.
I'd actually use it if developed for the DefaultSTV (understand this is a long-shot request). Still... the "wall" concept looks very functional in a basic way - good idea/job.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I would love both also.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

+1 for pictures
Old 04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I have started the Music wall. To be honest not using music like I don't in Sage it is less motivation but I am still commited. I am just trying to get some things fixed/changed in movie wall first.

It will come just not as quick as movie wall did but none the less I have started and it is fairly easy compared to movie wall.

One thing I noticed is there are allot of screens I am just planning on modifing the main screen not the album detail or any of those.

cheers
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay here is a very very early screenshot.

I don't use music allot obviously as I have allot of blanks but tell me your thoughts about the number onscreen I think this is just about right.

Sage Audio Wall
Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I have started the Music wall. To be honest not using music like I don't in Sage it is less motivation but I am still commited. I am just trying to get some things fixed/changed in movie wall first.

It will come just not as quick as movie wall did but none the less I have started and it is fairly easy compared to movie wall.

One thing I noticed is there are allot of screens I am just planning on modifing the main screen not the album detail or any of those.

cheers
The multiple screens is one of the current weaknesses. We should be able to get all we need from the first or maybe second screen.

Quote:

I don't use music allot obviously as I have allot of blanks but tell me your thoughts about the number onscreen I think this is just about right.

Sage Audio Wall
That looks awesome so far. I think the number is just right. It looks like the current sorting method is Album Name?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
The multiple screens is one of the current weaknesses. We should be able to get all we need from the first or maybe second screen.

That looks awesome so far. I think the number is just right. It looks like the current sorting method is Album Name?
Yeah the multiple screens are just silly I am almost thinking pop ups in the middle kind of like a iphone works no reason to leave the screen entirely but we will see what comes

Yes that is album names.

Come on peter have you even tried my movie wall yet
Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah the multiple screens are just silly I am almost thinking pop ups in the middle kind of like a iphone works no reason to leave the screen entirely but we will see what comes

Yes that is album names.

Come on peter have you even tried my movie wall yet
I'm working on it, I swear! I have a power supply in the mail for an old PC I have lying around. Should be here in a couple of days and then I can play.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Sage Audio Wall
Looks great! The music wall - not your music collection.

Actually your collection is as diverse as mine - I see an awful lot of familiar album covers.

Looking forward to playing with this when it's ready.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_Cuda View Post
Looks great! The music wall - not your music collection.

Actually your collection is as diverse as mine - I see an awful lot of familiar album covers.

Looking forward to playing with this when it's ready.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Yeah 99% of that music is the wife's I don't listen to music from computer I use sonos and rhapsody. But she is pretty diverse.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe development of this wall will encourage your own use
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Maybe development of this wall will encourage your own use
Highly unlikely we use the sonos for whole house audio don't see sage being able to replace it.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looking good!!! I'll have to pull this screenshot up on my TV and see how the number of albums looks on it.

As far as the multiple screens, you read my mind on the solution. A pop-up menu might be just the thing, so that you aren't leaving the "experience".
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Looks good to me also....can't wait! Thank You for your time and effort into this project!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Plucky, is this still in the works? I love the Movie Wall, and would use sage for music much more if the interface didn't drive me insane. I really like the screen you put up. One thing that MIGHT make it nice would be to instead of the currently selected title displaying at the top of the screen, if it instead showed up as an overlay beneath the selected item. Would help to keep your focus on the focused item. Would even be better if pressing enter/select on it it would bring up an expanded overlay, with the options in there. (Play Album, Add to Queue, Detailed Info, etc).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-05-2009, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Hey Plucky, is this still in the works? I love the Movie Wall, and would use sage for music much more if the interface didn't drive me insane. I really like the screen you put up. One thing that MIGHT make it nice would be to instead of the currently selected title displaying at the top of the screen, if it instead showed up as an overlay beneath the selected item. Would help to keep your focus on the focused item. Would even be better if pressing enter/select on it it would bring up an expanded overlay, with the options in there. (Play Album, Add to Queue, Detailed Info, etc).
Yeah it is still in the works (started) I had to put it aside for a while until I get version 3 of movie wall wrapped and ortus up as those two are my primary focus right now. I have started and about half way through the audio wall though and plan on returning to it after I wrap up v3 of movie wall and my help/work on ortus.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay I am wrapping up version 4 of the movie wall. Which gives me time for other addins I have a couple I am currently working on as well as this one but wanted everyone to know it is not dead. This is a very early build and not finalized but I am only sharing this one screen for now and even it could change.

cheers.

Screencap
Old 07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tease...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Plucky! Glad to know this is not dead.

Waiting patiently.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_Cuda View Post
Thanks Plucky! Glad to know this is not dead.

Waiting patiently.
No not dead moved like a snail but not dead.

I guess this is as good of place as any to open discussion about what you are wanting different from the default music addin here is a list so far of what I have been able to gather.

1. better functioning alltogether (not so many screens)
2. Better looks
3. Better sorting/grouping by ignoring "the", "a", and "an" from titles, artist and albums.
4. Maybe some better visualazations when music is playing (don't know that I will get to this one)

if you have ideas/suggestions now is the time to state them early in the coding later it is hard from me to make changes then it is now.