SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Playing Content from Sage Serve - WHS+HD200 or Vista

My server location is very near my downstairs theater location and I would like to view content at that DS theater location.

I would appreciate comments from anyone regarding whether to use:

WHS server+ (3)HD200
vs
Vista on the server + (2)HD200

After searching the forums, I realize that WHS server do NOT make a very good media streaming device directly to a TV (without an extender). Rather than deal with codec headaches, I figured I would have to put another HD200 in that spot. So, my original plan was to use WHS on the server and (3)HD200 throughout my home, one of which would be in the DS theater.

My question is would using Vista on the main Server rather than WHS allow me to use that box as an HTPC at its location and still stream media via HD200s throughout the rest of the house??

Are their other headaches to SageTV under Vista that are not present under WHS??

Thanks.