SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Home Theater and Comcast box - HELP!

Hi all,
I am using a STP-HD200 (Sage Home Theater) and a Hauppauge 1600 card with the latest Sage TV server 6.5 version.
I am using the Microsoft Ehome Infared Tranceiver that came with the
1600 tuner card.

I have updated:
Hauppauge card drivers
eHome drivers from Hauppage site
Home Theater firmware update

I am trying to get Sage TV to control the Comcast setTop box
but with no success.

Do I need to get another IR equipment like USB-UIRT?
Many thanks!
Regan
Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Don't know about the 1600. I use Firewire for channel changing and others have used devices like the USB-irt.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Firewire?

I have a Firewire card, can I plug the USB-UIRT box into this card?
Old 04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

USB-Irt is a USB device. If your cable box has a firewire port then you can try to connect via firewire. Here are the instructions getting it to work: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=firewire

Took me a while to get working but working like a champ.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithzoos View Post
Hi all,
I am using a STP-HD200 (Sage Home Theater) and a Hauppauge 1600 card with the latest Sage TV server 6.5 version.
I am using the Microsoft Ehome Infared Tranceiver that came with the
1600 tuner card.

I have updated:
Hauppauge card drivers
eHome drivers from Hauppage site
Home Theater firmware update

I am trying to get Sage TV to control the Comcast setTop box
but with no success.

Do I need to get another IR equipment like USB-UIRT?
Many thanks!
Regan
You need an IR Blaster to send signals to your Cablebox. If your eHome Tranceiver is the same one I have then it should support blasting two different zones.

The catch is that Sage doesn't recognize it out of the box so you need to use some 3rd party software for Sage to use it properly. There's lots of info on these boards about this, I spent a fair bit of time reading up and getting it working with HIP but it was alot of grief and I was never very happy with the results. I now use a different application called LM Remote Keymap that works well.

If your tranceiver doesn't support IR blasting, then you either need to buy the USB-UIRT mentioned above or get Firewire channel changing working (also mentioned above).

-Striker-