SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage User

DigiGuide & Xmltv directions please

I originally had a pair of DVB-T cards, RT grabber and Stephane's importer working and then I decided to get a DVB-S card and Digiguide with DG2XML and can't get it set up.

What I want is the same lineup as my Sky box, helps with the WAF.

The TechnoTrend installed Ok and scan channels found lots of channels

I installed DigiGuide and was perplexed, as I selected provider Sky Digital which gives me lots of channels I don't want e.g. BBC1 N Ireland, London etc Is there an easy way to pick out a sensible list of channels for say the Midlands?

However moving on, DG2XML set up was straight forward, I ran it manually and produced an epg.xml file.

I found a .frq file with channel numbers starting at 101 edited to get rid of some channels and replaced the TT one that was produced by scanning assuming this would limit the 'junk' from DG.

Moving on to Stephane's importer I found the lineup was essentially based on the total list of channels, so do I edit this down? I thought the frq file was referenced for this. I did try downloading a .frq but ended up with BBC1 N Ireland etc still

Simple question and I know probably not a simple answer but what am I doing wrong? I've looked through the forum and nobody seems to be having trouble with this and worse I thought I understood setting this up.

Oh sorry forgot to mention latest Sage, DG2 and Stephane's importer

cheers

paulb
Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Sage User

Fixed it (mostly)

Back to the start and got rid of everything and edited it all by hand (RSI here I come), still have some oddities eg. Eurosport in .frq and exists in .xml but couldn't map the channel and as it happens I couldn't delete it either so mapped to the HD channel for the moment.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
What I want is the same lineup as my Sky box, helps with the WAF.
As an addition, I used the Favourite Channels plugin to create a menu that mirrors the sky guide for this purpose, it works very well.
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7
Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Sage User

Sky Channels

Thank you for the recommendation I'll give the Favourites plugin a try.

Now trying to resolve the HD100 and Lip Sync problems, lots of comments about it but can't find a fix.