SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Sage User

Big Trouble - no listings for any channel after Monday 4/6/2009 7:00PM

I have had SageTV for more than 3 years. Now, all of a sudden, I have no channel listings for any channel after 7:00 PM Monday, April 6, 2009. My normal listings are plain old SageTV (Zap 2 It) listings for over the air channels for Minneapolis, MN for two Hauppauge ATSC digital tuners.

3 weeks ago I had trouble with a new version of Java, and had to return to an older version, but have made absolutely no changes in SageTV of any kind.

What is going on? More importantly, how do I fix it.

Last edited by John.Kelly; 04-05-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

John,

I don't have a solution for you, but I wanted to let you know that the Minneapolis electronic program guide is working. So the problem is within your system, not the guide.

I am also using the Minneapolis configuration in the Video input sources. I am using both DirecTV Minneapolis for my PVR-350 and Minneapolis Digital over the air for the HDHomeRun. The program guide is now working out to April 17th both for the local digital channels and DirecTV channels.

I am using SageTV version 6.4.8.184 and Java 1.6.0.11

Dave
Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage User

Things are working now, but ...

Thanks for letting me know about the Minneapolis EPG schedules.

I finally got my EPG schedule working by deleting the video sources and setting them up again. When I do this, I have to Remap a number of the stations by selecting "Map Different Station to this Physical Channel". Doesn't take a lot of work when you use Zap 2 It to check the station name that they use, but enough work that I tried to avoid it.

By the way, do you get the channel 41 digital channels (1, 2, 3, & 4)? The reason I ask is that after doing the remapping mentioned above, the only channel I don't get EPG data from SageTV for is channel 41-1 KPXMDT. This is really odd since I do get the EPG data for 41-2 KPXMDT2, 41-3 KPXMDT3, and 41-4 KPXMDT4.

Looks to me like an error in the SageTV EPG Data. I wonder how you notify them of this problem.

Last edited by John.Kelly; 04-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I get the EPG for channels 41-1, 41-2, 41-3, and 41-4. I used to have 17-1, 17-2, 17-3, and 17-4 setup. I lost the EPG for those channels a few weeks ago. I then removed and added the configuration from SageTV, and the EPG returned for 17-3 and 17-4, but not 17-1 and 17-2. I checked my HDHomeRun unit and the channels 17-1 and 17-2 aren't being received any more. I have a roof top antenna, so I should be able to receive them OK. Maybe the station quit broadcasting on 17-1 and 17-2.

I also noticed a strange thing with the EPG guide for MSNBC on DirecTV. Mondays - Friday at 5:00 PM central time, "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" is listed even though the program changed to "The Ed Show" last Monday.

Dave
Old 04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Sage User

Got 41-1 EPG Data

Thanks for the response.

I looked back at my channel listings and noticed that all my other channels had two lines of information. On the 1st line was the logical Channel # (like 41-1), the Zap 2 It call letters (like KPXMDT), and the physical channel # (like [40-41-1]). On the next line was the Zap 2 It call letters (like KPXMDT), a variation on the call letters (like KPXM-DT), and, in my case, Minneapolis-St. Paul.

For the listing that didn't get EPG data for channel 41-1, there wasn't a 2nd line of data. I went back to my choices and found that there were two different "KPXMDT" choices. When I chose the 2nd, the 2nd line of data appeared and the EPG data for this channel was correctly downloaded.

The Channel 17 stuff you mentioned happened about February 8th. Even though the digital switch over date was postponed until June, the public TV channel changed things. I think they had over extended themselves and decided they couldn't afford all the channels they had been testing. You will notice that the all kid programming channel no longer exists. I also think it had to do with dual broadcasting. Many TV stations have been using their normal transmitter for the analog channels and a 2nd, lower power transmitter for the digital channels. Channel 11 switched their transmitters around in the first part of December. Channel 2 (which is also channel 17) may have done the same thing. According to Zap 2 It, the four educational channels are now 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, & 2-4.