SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

WHS and drive pool question

Currently I am running a XP2500 + single core for my SageTV and X10, as well as a file server for some documents. Oh yeah this is an XP Pro machine

I was hoping to build a quad core in Feb, with WHS BUT, we bought a netbook for my wife instead.

I am still thinking of the WHS route, and might use my current XP box for the WHS set-up but I am curious on the Drive pool.. my Current MOBO has a sata Controller with 2 ports ( I have 2 750GB drives) then I added a PCI Sata card with one port (1 tb) and it also has an eSATA connection.

will eSATA be allowed in the drive pool? better yet is 2 SATA controller going to be an issue?

Lastly is the XP2500+ enough?

currently I have 2 PVR150s and another analog tuner (hardware encoder but I forget the name)

also have 1 HDHR, hoping to expand to a second HDHR.

I am using 2 HD100s and hoping to add a 3rd.

any info would be great.

I do have a Xp3800 x2 we use as our main desktop int he house ( wife more then me) which I could redo to be our Server..

thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Sage Expert

I would think that's enough of a CPU for simply serving up files...

You can definitely add ESATA drives to the pool no problem. You can even add USB drives. No issues with the 2 STA controlelr thing either.. I have a RAID5 controller and the built in ICH10.

-B
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool.. now I need to get a HD to use for the WHS install ( and get WHS). I like the Hardware I am currently using for my server. I know once I get started on the switch over i will have more questions.. it will probably be this summer once the seasons are over