SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

wanted to say SageTV V7.0.12 beta is support mpeg and h.264 dvb-s subtitles... it's works!! bingo!!! thanks guys!!!
but's it's work like 20secs and after HD200 crash, and become 'powered off'.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

latest beta hd200 firmware fixed the subtitles support. there minor issue of text override...

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 08-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
wanted to say SageTV V7.0.12 beta is support mpeg and h.264 dvb-s subtitles... it's works!! bingo!!! thanks guys!!!
but's it's work like 20secs and after HD200 crash, and become 'powered off'.
Hi, can you please let me know what you did? I cannot make it working...the program detailed info shows the DVB stream with the "dvbsub: eng" subtitle being present and I've enabled the subtitles, but still nothing...do you need an external plug-in to make it working? thanx
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

It should work without any plugin. Use the latest HD200 beta s/w and 7.0.12 server.

But it doesn't really work; it crashes the HD200 after a short time - for me it works around 4 minutes.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytulpan View Post
But it doesn't really work; it crashes the HD200 after a short time - for me it works around 4 minutes.
This should be fixed with the new beta firmware 20100802-0. Let us know if you still have issues.

_Demo_
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

the problem fixed i just did 30min of subtitles...

Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I tested the new (Aug 2) version and it works. This is huge for the DVB-land people.

I still had some problems when watching "live", including a HD200 crash and mis-timed subtitles, but all was fine when watching recordings or watching some time "behind" live.

Some points:

1) Now I want subtitles in the sw client. (I know I'm cheeky, but still...) Second option - I'll replace them with HD200s - but when will they be back ?

2) How do I show subtitles in old recordings ? There was a mention of "re-indexing" somewhere, but how do I activate it ?

3) I really need the subtitles "on/off" and "language" settings to be sticky or have preferences in the property file. Its a pain to turn them on and choose the language for every channel change or recording.

But all in all, this is a great day.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

ytulpan,
you should ask features request from sagetv beta contact, not here.

I think they will release soon HD300, so i will also order one more.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
the problem fixed i just did 30min of subtitles...
sorry to be a pain, I cannot see any DVB subtitles here in the UK

I don't know what to do really..is it by change my tuner card here the issue?(Hauppauge DVB-S2)

thanx
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
sorry to be a pain, I cannot see any DVB subtitles here in the UK

I don't know what to do really..is it by change my tuner card here the issue?(Hauppauge DVB-S2)

thanx
in case you use zoom player - do you see subtitles on DVB streams from sage?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
in case you use zoom player - do you see subtitles on DVB streams from sage?
I tried zoom player as you suggested and no subtitles, also I tried to open the mpeg that Sage reports having the dvbsub by using GraphEdit and the graph doesn't show the subtitles link either. It looks like that sage is not encoding the DVB subtitles into the MPEG file correctly, or the tuner card is not passing the subtitles to Sage
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I tried zoom player as you suggested and no subtitles, also I tried to open the mpeg that Sage reports having the dvbsub by using GraphEdit and the graph doesn't show the subtitles link either. It looks like that sage is not encoding the DVB subtitles into the MPEG file correctly, or the tuner card is not passing the subtitles to Sage
try dvbviewer from the card and see if there dvb subtitles.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
try dvbviewer from the card and see if there dvb subtitles.
tried dvbviewer and no luck. The thing is that my server is a Tyan server motherboard which hasn't got any standard multimedia device like sound chip for instance and a very poor limited VGA graphics card (32Mb), so I had to use the "Virtual Cable" directshow filter to emulate a dummy sound card, otherwise SageTV wouldn't even start! Of couse I'm not using the server as a player, for that all I have are extenders, but just wondering if my hardware can somehow limit the capabilities. Maybe I need to install a DVB subtitle splitter directshow filter on the server. Anyway I just sent a support request to Hauppauge asking whether the NOVA HD S2 supports this DVB subtitles or not...