SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Sage User

Trying to get cover art for videos.... Weird!!!!

Good evening.

I'm putting the SageTV software through it's paces before getting myself set up with a SageTV HD Theater and HD Homerun.

I have all my music, photos and videos showing in the Sage interface. I am also using SageMC. I have a few questions:

1. Videos - When I have the videos in my directory imported it shows a thumbnail of the beginning of the movie. When I use IMDB to pull in information about the movie, if there is a thumbnail present it won't save the cover art. I had a couple of movies (don't know how) that didn't have a thumbnail and the IMDB info works great... cover art and all. How do I get the IMDB cover art to replace the thumbnail or how do I remove the thumbnails for the videos so the cover art will take? Also, is there any way to remove current information in related to a movie and start with a "clean slate"?

2. Music - Some of my albums don't show cover art... others do. How do I get the cover art to come in for a specific album so that they ALL show cover art?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by wyzard; 03-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzard View Post
Good evening.

I'm putting the SageTV software through it's paces before getting myself set up with a SageTV HD Theater and HD Homerun.

I have all my music, photos and videos showing in the Sage interface. I am also using SageMC. I have a few questions:

1. Videos - When I have the videos in my directory imported it shows a thumbnail of the beginning of the movie. When I use IMDB to pull in information about the movie, if there is a thumbnail present it won't save the cover art. I had a couple of movies (don't know how) that didn't have a thumbnail and the IMDB info works great... cover art and all. How do I get the IMDB cover art to replace the thumbnail or how do I remove the thumbnails for the videos so the cover art will take? Also, is there any way to remove current information in related to a movie and start with a "clean slate"?
SageTV caches graphics files when it loads them. The cover art will show up and replace the thumbnail the next time the SageTV UI is restarted.

Quote:
2. Music - Some of my albums don't show cover art... others do. How do I get the cover art to come in for a specific album so that they ALL show cover art?
SageTV uses embedded album cover art from the ID3 tags. you will have to make sure all of your music is properly tagged with the cover art embedded for SageTV to pick it up.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Unless SageMC is doing something special for album art, it doesn't need to be embedded in the music file -- see the "Album Thumbnails" section on p. 83 of the v6.5 SageTV PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Oops. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Sage User

Why will Sage not get my DVD covers?

Good evening.

Why will Sage not replace the thumbnail of a frame show in my DVDs with the art it grabs from an IMDB search.... Have tried and tried...

Very frustrating.

Thanks.

* merged *
Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Sage User

I'm on the same boat here. Did you ever find a solution for this?