SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Resolved: hung video and ntdll.dll error

SageTV was hanging while trying to start live TV or play previously recorded video files. It refused to display any video. Numerous adjustments to Settings had no effect. Running a repair install of SageTV had no effect. Usually I would only get the circular "busy, wait" animation in the SageTV window, or full screen. Sometimes I would get a windows error: Error in SageTV.exe version 6.0.13.1 in ntdll.dll, etc. Sometimes SageTV would close after a minute or two, and sometimes I would have to 'end task' the SageTV process. But it in all cases refused to display video.

Evidently I caused the problem (full disclosure here) by making changes to AC3 filter settings. Uninstalling it and reinstalling with default settings fixed the problem. (Source of AC3 filter: http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter )

Now if I can just solve the other problem I was trying to fix in the first place, which is to be able to play SageTV video files in VLC and have audio. VLC plays digital TV video just fine, but there is no audio. (this only happens with recorded digital TV - recorded analog TV does not have a problem with audio).