SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage User

De-interlace on MVP?

Does the MVP do deinterlacing? On most of analog cable channels I have ghosting, but dish network channels are fine.

I can open up Placeshifter on my PC and I have the same problem, but I can use a custom config file to turn on some mplayer filters and I can resolve the problem.

Is there any way to do this for the extenders? This seems to be a problem with my HD-200 also I have tried to change the recording settings for that tuner, but that doesn't change my results.

Currently I have a HVR-950Q usb tuner, should I upgrade to the HVR-2250 so that I have a hardware encoder? Or is there sankdomething else I can look at? Is there a way to change the software encoding settings?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by w84no1 View Post
Does the MVP do deinterlacing? On most of analog cable channels I have ghosting, but dish network channels are fine.
It does none whatsoever. It only supports playback of 480i MPEG-2 and just outputs the fields directly.

Quote:
Is there any way to do this for the extenders? This seems to be a problem with my HD-200 also I have tried to change the recording settings for that tuner, but that doesn't change my results.
There's no way to change the deinterlacing behavior of the extenders.

Quote:
Currently I have a HVR-950Q usb tuner, should I upgrade to the HVR-2250 so that I have a hardware encoder?
I'd never recommend using a software encoder, I've yet to see one that works very well. You're recording analog right? Encoder isn't used for digital recordings.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
It does none whatsoever. It only supports playback of 480i MPEG-2 and just outputs the fields directly.

There's no way to change the deinterlacing behavior of the extenders.

I'd never recommend using a software encoder, I've yet to see one that works very well. You're recording analog right? Encoder isn't used for digital recordings.
Yeah, I am starting to dislike software encoders also. I might just use the 950Q just for digital and get a pvr 500 or hvr-2250. I went the usb route because of space limitations.

I just wish there was a was to tweak the software encoder.