SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Expert

Added Tuner as Copy of Channels -- No Data in EPG?

I just added a new tuner that gets a different set of my cable channels. So I set it to copy the channels into an independent channel set. The channels are labeled correctly, but it won't update the EPG for it? I get "No Data"?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Administrator

What kind of tuner is it? If it is QAM or digital OTA, you will most likely need to remap the stations. The v6.5 PDF manual has a new section about this in the Channel Setup part of chapter 5.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

It's a cable box hooked-in via SGraphRecorder -- I only want to use it for the channels that I can't get via the HD-HR so I can't share the line-up (especially considering the remapping required for HD-HR to work).

I'll take a look at the new channel setup guide.
---------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Ok. Nothing that I didn't already know.

Since I need to have it SGR tune independently from the HDHRs, I had it copy the lineup to a new one.
It lists the same channels as the HDHR, but I have different ones enabled. For those, there's no EPG data downloaded (I forced an update via the web interface -- many times).
I also removed and SGR and put it back in several times. I also changed the EGR lineup and then changed it back. No dice.
The server_update_id line is empty for that "tuner", but I tried removing it (with sage service stopped) and it made no difference. It just put the empty line back in.

What did I miss?

(see my signature for other tuners, etc.)
-----------------------------------------------
Edit: Resolved itself? Forced update of EPG didn't work, but it successfully updated overnight!
Why didn't forced update work?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 02-07-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: read manual ||| resolved itself