SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Sage User

Problems with setting right channels in Europe

A couple of days ago I started using SageTV as my PVR system. Before I was using Showshifter with success, but stopped using it due to missing Hauppage 350 TV-out support.

The problem I have with SageTV is that the tuner does not seem to be driven correctly. I only have one channel with a perfect quality, a few with a bad quality and all the rest is noise. With ShowShifter however there is no problem at all. I have done some research on the internet and discovered that this is due to the fact that SageTV is using DirectX to control the tuner (while Showshifter has an autotune feature). See http://discuss2.snapstream.com/vb/sh...?threadid=9163

To fix this I have populated my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/TV System Services/TVAutoTune/TS0-1 with all the correct keys (ie channels with their correct frequency). This should override any other channel settings...

But whatever I do, it does not change the channels in SageTV! Is there anybody that can help me? I would really like to start using SageTV, it really looks good.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also migrated away from Showshifter to SageTV recently.

The channel configuration using the TVAutoTune registry keys works fine for me. Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9 installed (remove/readd the tv card after installing it).

I'm using the XMLTV plugin available here in the forums to populate the channel list and the EPG.

-Matthias
Old 03-07-2004, 02:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Also make sure you have antenna/cable selected correctly in the definition of your source in Sage... TS0-1 is for cable; TS0-0 is for antenna...

See also: http://www.snapstream.com/community/...s/customorder/

[edit]D'oh -- just realised that you referenced my post on Snapstream's forums!

Snapstream and Sage use exactly the same method of tuning: Microsoft's DirectShow with hard-coded frequency assignments (which are differrent for antenna broadcast and cable signals in Western Europe, hence the selection in the source setup)..

Using the Registry hack I described overrides the assignments -- it is not really a 'feature' of snapstream, more of a feature of DirectShow...

Last edited by nielm; 03-07-2004 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Sage User

Smile

Thanks for the info. I tried several combinations of channel sets and as it turns out I missed the correct one. I started with TS32-1, TS32-0 (belgium), TS31-0, TS31-1 (Netherlands) and TS0-1. But the working combination seemed to be TS0-0 and a restart of SageTV. And now it all works. Thanks for the info. I have some other remarks/questions, but maybe that is something I will post in other threads.