SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Sage User

Standalone and file organization

I've been searching the forum but haven't found an answer to this yet. When browsing video files, isn't there some kind of folder hierarchy that the HD200 recognizes? I have all my video stored on a mediasmart server in different folders - movies, hd movies, tv, etc - but when I try to browse the files I just get one long list of all 12,000 files. Obviously, this is useless. What am I missing?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Are you using the Folder view in the video browser? If not, You can arrow up to the top bar to make the selection or use the Skip Bk2/FW2 buttons on the remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage User

Yes, I have it in folder view. I think this may be a path thing. I selected the path to the videos on the server, but the HD200 added "all videos" to the end of the path. In other words, instead of /server/videos I have server/videos/AllVideos.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator

I'mnot sure I understand what you said is happening. '/server/videos/ is the single import path and the videos are in subfolders below that, or what? I'm not sure where "/AllVideos" is coming from.

What happens if you use Back to go up the folder tree?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage User

When I choose Filesystems and browse the server I see the correct folders. Using "back" takes me up the correct path.

When I go to Videos from the main menu I just get the single list and the path shows the "all videos" folder.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Could you take a picture of the screen so I can see what it looks like?

How many import directories have you told SageTV to scan? Are there more than 1 that lead to the path in question?

- Andy
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Sage User

I deleted my paths and partially fixed my problem, but I still can't get much for organization. The path to my video files stops at /video on the HD200. On the server I have multiple folders under the /video directory, for example, /video/tv shows, /video/movies, etc. Some of these directories have further subdirectories: /videos/tv shows/startrek/season1.

Here is the problem. When I go to Videos on the HD 200 I do not see the top level folders such as /movies or /tv shows. All I see are a list of all folders. Isn't there a way to view a normal folder hierarchy?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage

If you have a folder structure like this:

/video
/video/movies
/video/tv shows
/video/tv shows/startrek

And then you add '/video' as an import folder; you can go into the Videos menu and select the 'Folder' view from the top bar.

Then you'll see:

movies
tv shows

If you select 'tv shows' then you'll see:

startrek

It does show folders as a hierarchy and allows you to browse them that way.