SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
No Signal w/ HD-PVR + DD5.1

Since switching to WHS as my main Sage server, everytime I try and enable S/PDIF/Dolby 5.1 on my HD-PVR, I get "No Signal" on every channel tuned by the HD-PVR. When I switch back to Component only, everything works just fine. So, being a good-little-end-user, I troubleshot as much as I could, then enabled logging and sent the logs in to Sage. I have not seen too many complaints about this issues on the board, so figured it was something weird on my setup and Sage support would just tell me "sorry about your luck, now go away." Well, once again, SageTV, the company, has exceeded my expectations. I just got an email from support telling me that they have recreated the issue and will fix it soon.
Huh? You'll actually fix a bug!?? I've only been a full time SageTV user for less than a year, so you'll have to excuse my astonishment. I came from the MS Media Center world where any bug reports are met with maniacal laughter followed by deafening silence. I had one other experience with SageTV support reporting a bug and they actually fixed that one as well. I have absolutely no idea how to react to a software publisher who listens to their customers, addresses issues in a timely fashion, and releases applications that conform to market trends. This could be a very interesting business model!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

It is strange isn't it
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Sage Expert

man, we have payed how much for our software and hardware from Sage...and that is the kind of service they deliver what is next, cats and dogs living together?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2