SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
After you hit convert and add segment to the list the output format choice window should disappear and the main window will become active again for your next segment start/end marking.
I get to the point where the main window is active after adding the segment. I can locate the start of the next segment with the sliders and jog wheel, but the "New Start Point" button does nothing. (It highlights when clicking, but otherwise nothing happens). The start point value above the button remains at zero, and the blue bar above the main slider remains starting at the far left.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

I first used the TSMuxer program to convert a HD-PVR TS file to M2TS.
Then I opened it in Vegas. It opened in the media preview and a frame showed correctly. Then I selected "Open In Trimmer".
At that point Vegas crashed (VegasMovieStudioPE90.exe has encountered a problem....).

I also tried dragging the video to the timeline rather than using the trimmer. Also a crash.

I discovered that Vegas can open the TS files directly without having to convert to M2TS first. It still crashes, though.

Returning to the previous discussion of MovieShop, I have been trying various files and even installed MovieShop Suite to another computer. It behaves differently - instead of ignoring the new start point, it simply crashes when opening the file. I tried their SmartCutter and got the same crash.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11 View Post
Returning to the previous discussion of MovieShop, I have been trying various files and even installed MovieShop Suite to another computer. It behaves differently - instead of ignoring the new start point, it simply crashes when opening the file. I tried their SmartCutter and got the same crash.
I didn't have any of the problems you mention. Just what I mentioned before. I have given up on MovieShop for the time being - it just doesn't seem polished. I'll try it again in a few months - or (continue to) wait for VideoReDo.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Corel has a product called Video Studio Pro X2. They have a 40% off sale on it till 11:59 PM tonight (I don't know which time zone they are talking about). The program is normally $100, sale price $60. I don't think I will have time to demo it before then. They have a 30-Day money-back guarantee.

Here's a link to the software:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...1#tabview=tab2

Dave
Old 09-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned Andy VT's (babgvant) DVRMSToolbox. The new version comes with a great tool called DTBVideoEditor. Basically, if you have either Show Analyzer or Comskip data for a program, it utilizes that data automagically, cuts the commercials from a .ts file and outputs a sweet completed .mkv file in the format of your choice. I've used it for several movies and it's great!
Check it out at www.babgvant.com
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 09-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

The thing I'm looking for is something like QuickStream Fix from VideoRedo. I know the new TV Suite will do it, but I'm getting impatient. Is there anything out there right now that would work?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster View Post
I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned Andy VT's (babgvant) DVRMSToolbox. The new version comes with a great tool called DTBVideoEditor. Basically, if you have either Show Analyzer or Comskip data for a program, it utilizes that data automagically, cuts the commercials from a .ts file and outputs a sweet completed .mkv file in the format of your choice. I've used it for several movies and it's great!
Check it out at www.babgvant.com
you know i tried it out about a month ago... but my brain must have been misfiring that night because i couldnt seem to figure out how to get it to do what i want (output a 720p 5.1 ac3 mkv). Is there an idiots guide to get it working somewhere? or just some key pointers? Thanks
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

I also tried installing the DVRMSToolbox, then opening the editor, and the program crashed before the editor would open. I uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, then the program still crashed when attempting to open the editor. I tried installing the DVRMSToolbox on a computer that does not have SageTV installed, so maybe there is a prerequiste program required.

I also tried the Video Studio Pro X2 trial. I did not find an easy way to open a video file or a way to save the edited video as a file. There options to save the output as a DVD and other formats.

I also tried Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum briefly. The program crashed. I am also not very comfortable using Sony software given the history of Sony putting spyware on their products in the past - I don't know if Sony can be trusted.

I then recovered the computer to the image I took just before installing the programs. I'm ready to test more H.264 editors while waiting for VideoReDo to support the format.

Dave
Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The thing I'm looking for is something like QuickStream Fix from VideoRedo. I know the new TV Suite will do it, but I'm getting impatient. Is there anything out there right now that would work?
Try TS Doctor. Google it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

You could try TMPGEnc 4.0 Express.

Quote:
Convert Almost Any Video File!
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress excels at converting video from one format to another. Got a Media Center recording that you'd like to convert to DivX? Or maybe you have a DivX file you'd like to convert to DVD-compliant MPEG? TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress can do it all, and you'll have complete control over the output settings. You can even make your own custom output settings!

Edit Your Video
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress includes plenty of tools to enhance your video. Use the cut-editor to cut out unwanted scenes. Add filters to correct color, crop the picture, resize, sharpen, deinterlace, reduce noise, and more!

NVIDIA CUDA™NVIDIA CUDA Support!
If you have a NVIDIA CUDA™ compatible graphics card, you can unleash the power of the GPU's multiple cores to crush the processing time for decoding and applying video filters! (Speed increases are dependent on your hardware environment and are not guaranteed.)

AVCHD input support!Convert Your AVCHD Footage!
The popular AVCHD video format is now officially supported as an input source! Easily take your AVCHD footage and convert it to other video formats such as DVD-Video!

Blu-ray Disc Encoding!
We've added a new output template for the Blu-ray Disc format! Convert your video into BDMV or BDAV compliant MPEG-2 video and maintain the quality of your high definition footage!

SpursEngine™ Support via Plug-In!
Unleash the power of Toshiba®'s SpursEngine for blazing fast hardware H.264 and MPEG-2 encoding! The recently announced SpursEngine Plug-In for TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress will allow you to harness the power of your SpursEngine device. Currently supported devices include Leadtek's WinFast PxVC1100 transcoding card, Canopus' FIRECODER Blu card, and select Toshiba Qosmio series laptop computers. Click here to learn more about the plug-in!

DivX® HD;DivX® HD 1080p Support!NEW!
With support for the latest DivX® encoder/decoder, you can output in full 1080p! Awesome DivX compression technology and full HD video! What more could you ask for?
Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 09-08-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Here's another candidate:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-69563.html

I've used this on a few movies to trim the unwanted stuff at the beginning and the end. It's fast and just cuts. No downresing. Appears to be freeware.

EDIT: timg11, I see this was already discussed. The HD PVR recordings I have don't contain IDR frames. You have to go into Option > Settings > Advanced and set your cut frames to I and B in the two boxes.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 09-11-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

I tried 3 of the programs briefly.

The TMPGEnc 4.00 Express might be the best choice. The GUI is pretty crude compared to VideoReDo, and it would barely function on an old Athlon XP 1500 test computer with 1 gig RAM. Maybe it would function with a faster computer.

The AVS Video editor is a demo version. I could not get the editing function to work. The program looks like it is designed for creating videos from scratch with camera and a "storyboard" feature to assemble the videos.

Warning! The MovieShop appears to contain a Trojan virus as detected by McAfee. The Trojan named Artemis! 79B40ED2A56B.

I recovered the test computer with an image taken before testing the software.

Dave
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

TS Doctor looks pretty crude too, and did not work. The error was DirectX failed to render file. I installed DirectX, and still got the same error.

The default is not English, and when I switched to English there is still some foreign language in it.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TS Doctor.JPG (73.3 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg DirectX error.JPG (44.5 KB, 538 views)

Last edited by davephan; 09-11-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
TS Doctor looks pretty crude too, and did not work. The error was DirectX failed to render file. I installed DirectX, and still got the same error.

The default is not English, and when I switched to English there is still some foreign language in it.

Dave
You need to make sure you have Hali splitter installed when using TS Doctor.

Gerry
Old 09-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

When I installed TS Doctor, it installed Hali splitter during the installation procedure without downloading Hali splitter separately.

The TMPGEnc 4.00 Express might be the best choice so far for editing files for the HD-PVR, but the GUI is pretty crude, and it could not even be tested with the Althlon XP-1500 with 1 gig of RAM because the GUI was barely usable, since it was so slow. The program might function decently with a faster computer. I plan to test it on my 3.0 gig dual-core 2 gig RAM SageTV computer when I can have a SageTV outage and after I take an image of the SageTV computer.

I already own TMPGEnc 1.5 and 1.6, which I purchased before VideoReDo. VidoeReDo standard and suite versions. VideoReDo does a much better job than TMPGEnc 1.5 and 1.6 and the GUI is engineered much better. Another downside to TMPGEnc products is it requires an Internet connection. The product periodically keeps itself functional by calling home under the cover of the software, to help reduce software piracy. If the company ever went out of business or defined the product as obsolete, the software might stop working. I haven't heard of TMPGEnc stopping any products from working, but the risk is there because of the dependency of a periodic Internet connection to re-activate the product under the covers. The TMPGEnc language in the GUI is in English, but is clearly not proofread by a native English speaker. Sometimes the wrong words are used or the wrong tense in various areas of the GUI, which a native English speaker would instantly recognize.

Adobe has a product called Adobe Premere Elements 7 that looks like it might work. The product used to be just for digital photos. It could organize, retouch, share, and do many things with photos. The product looks like it might be worth its $120 price for that feature. The version 7 product also edits and retouches consumer video cameras now, but does not say the formats it will edit. Nothing on the website shows screen shots or specific details, only non-technical descriptions of what the products do.

Adobe has some very expensive professional video editing products, such as Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium that cost $1699 which looks like it requires a 64-bit computer. However, the Adobe Premere Elements 7 might be enough to do simple HD-PVR video editing.

Adobe has educational prices if you qualify or figure out a way you can qualify for the discount.

Adobe Premere Elements 7 $120 educational price $69
http://tryit.adobe.com/us/premierelements/?sdid=EFOLZ

Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium $1699 educational price $349
http://www.adobe.com/products/creati...es/?features=0

Educational discounts
http://www.adobe.com/education/purch...n_pricing.html

I plan to test the Adobe Premere Elements 7 soon on the slower computer, and re-test the TMPGEnc 4.00 Express on the faster computer soon.

Dave
Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

It seems like VideReDo is getting closer - this was posted in their forums yesterday by Dan Rosen from VRD:

We will be pre-releasing a discounted upgrade to registered VideoReDo users in October. We will then finish up the packaging and release the final version a month or so after that.

Last edited by wayner; 09-17-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
It seems like VideReDo is getting closer - this was posted in their forums yesterday by Dan Rosen from VRD:

We will be pre-releasing a discounted upgrade to registered VideoReDo users in October. We will then finish up the packaging and release the final version a month or so after that.
The beta is making good headway.

Gerry
Old 12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

For those who are waiting, I just visited the VideoRedo forum, and it appears the H.264 capable version is not available yet.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

I've been using the VideoReDo suite beta that does work with H.264 files. The editor is harder to use since the editing is not as smooth with the compressed videos, verses editing mpeg2 files.

Of all the H.264 editors I've tested so far, the VideoReDo suite beta is the best one so far.

Dave
Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I've been using the VideoReDo suite beta that does work with H.264 files. The editor is harder to use since the editing is not as smooth with the compressed videos, verses editing mpeg2 files.
I am not sure what you mean by this as I am pretty sure that MPEG-2 files are compressed as well.

Tags
.ts, hauppauge, transport stream