SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Sage User

HAUPPAUGE HD PVR... HELP!!!

I have been trying to get SageTV to work with my Hauppauge HD PVR for a little over two weeks now, with no success. I have had multiple problems which may or may not be related.... hopefully someone can direct me.
My system is perfectly capable of handling everything as I am using....
3GB RAM, Nvidia 9800 GX2, and AMD 6400+ x2 processor
... all drivers are the most recent

I have tried running this on both Vista 32 and 64

Problem 1... For some reason I need to have BeyondTV installed for Sage to play video! I have had other codecs and Arcsoft TME (which is bundled with the pvr)installed and that doesn't help. BeyondTV is not launched in any way, shape or form at any time.

Problem 2... I have my skip forward set to 30 seconds and my skip back set to 10 seconds but somehow I can skip forward once and then skip back once and end up where I started. Sometimes I can even skip forward twice and back once and it still ends up where I started.

Problem 3.... When I am playing back recordings I can never make it through a full show without a BSOD or the video freezing up and the audio turning into a constant high pitch tone

This has been so frustrating! I am at the point where I need someone who has this setup working (preferably on Vista 64) to give me step by step instructions on setting it up and the settings they have in SageTV.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Sage User

What version of Windows are you running (service pack as well). Which version of Sage are you running? Which codecs are you trying to use? Which codecs are installed with BTV?
Network: Linksys Router/Wifi, Netgear GS116 Switch, Cat5e/6, Intel NICs
Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Sage User

I have tried this on both Windows Vista 32 and 64, always with service pack 1. I would prefer using Vista 64
I am using SageTV 6,4.8.
When I do have codecs installed I use the K-Lite Mega codec pack or Combined Community codec pack.
As for BeyondTV, all I do is install it without any codecs and then SageTV works (with the problems described above).
SageTV will not play anything unless BeyondTV is installed. Once it is installed I only have the problems listed above when playing my recorded shows.

Last edited by J Mo; 01-17-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Sage User

While it might not solve all of your problems, it may help with the lock ups/blue screens. Try to exclude any sage recording directories from being scanned by your antivirus software.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mo View Post
I have been trying to get SageTV to work with my Hauppauge HD PVR for a little over two weeks now, with no success. I have had multiple problems which may or may not be related.... hopefully someone can direct me.
My system is perfectly capable of handling everything as I am using....
3GB RAM, Nvidia 9800 GX2, and AMD 6400+ x2 processor
... all drivers are the most recent

I have tried running this on both Vista 32 and 64

Problem 1... For some reason I need to have BeyondTV installed for Sage to play video! I have had other codecs and Arcsoft TME (which is bundled with the pvr)installed and that doesn't help. BeyondTV is not launched in any way, shape or form at any time.

Problem 2... I have my skip forward set to 30 seconds and my skip back set to 10 seconds but somehow I can skip forward once and then skip back once and end up where I started. Sometimes I can even skip forward twice and back once and it still ends up where I started.

Problem 3.... When I am playing back recordings I can never make it through a full show without a BSOD or the video freezing up and the audio turning into a constant high pitch tone

This has been so frustrating! I am at the point where I need someone who has this setup working (preferably on Vista 64) to give me step by step instructions on setting it up and the settings they have in SageTV.

I don't have that setup specifically, but I believe you are having codec issues. Have you rendered a recording using a tool like GraphEdit or FFDshow to see what codecs are being used by default?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Graphedit will not render the recordings. It says to make sure I have the filters installed. I do not know how to render it with ffdshow.
I don't have any codecs installed, only beyond tv and sagetv.

Which codecs do you have installed?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Sage Expert

did you install the arcsoft codec that was included on the HD PVR disc? If not, install it.

Then shut SageTV down (not put it into sleep, actually shut down), and add these lines sage.properties file.

videoframe/aac_audio_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
videoframe/ac3_audio_decoder_filter=AC3Filter
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Video Decoder
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage User

In my settings should I use overlay or vmr9?
For the Mpeg2 Video Decoder should I use Arcsoft or select default because it is in the sage.properties file?
For the Mpeg2 Audio Decoder should I use SageTV, Mpeg Audio Decoder or default?

I also noticed that on the BSOD it was saying that win32k.sys had something to do with it.