SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not Marking Watched

Before I submitted this as a bug I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing a problem I'm encountering.

Occassionally, with .13, shows are not being automatically marked as watched after I've viewed them. I'll watch a show and there will be 30 seconds or so left in the recording and I'll switch back to the OSD and see that the show I was watching isn't marked as watched. I'll even come back later after watching something else and it will still not be properly flagged.

This doesn't happen all of the time, but it's happening enough to be a real pain.

-Watter
Old 02-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Re: Not Marking Watched

Quote:
Originally posted by Watter
Occassionally, with .13, shows are not being automatically marked as watched after I've viewed them. I'll watch a show and there will be 30 seconds or so left in the recording and I'll switch back to the OSD and see that the show I was watching isn't marked as watched.
Just to make sure I understand what you are saying: you are leaving the show before it is completely done, correct? Currently, v2 seems to be leaving shows as not marked as 'watched' until you fully complete viewing them. I don't remember how v1.4 worked in this regard, since I never paid attention to this detail. Almost a month ago, there was a discussion (here) about the idea of marking a show as watched after some % of it had been watched vs. marking it as watched only after viewing the entire show. I'll have to say that I sided with the idea of leaving it unwatched until completely done. I don't mind backing out of a show at the credits & then hitting the 'watched' button on the remote. (wish that were possible while viewing the show...), but not everyone likes that idea. Some IR shows end just before the credits due to time shifts on various channels, so even 95% done isn't truly done.

Anyway, now that I wrote all that, you're going to reply that this wasn't what you meant, aren't you!? Oh well... not worth deleting it all just i case I misunderstood you...

- Andy
Old 03-01-2004, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

As long as you run it completely to the end .13 marks it as watched. I haven't seen the issue you have described.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Sage Expert

I have noticed this issue. I usually end a show about 30 seconds until the end when I know there is only a commercial left...and the show isn't marked as "watched."

Two things would be nice:
1) Being able to mark a show as watched while viewing the show (like Opus4 said)
2) Being able to set the time a show must be watched before it is marked as "watched"

Deadbolt
Old 03-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

In 1.4.1, you had to watch like a percentage of the show to have it automatically marked as watch. V2 has not implemented this yet. You have to go all the way to the end to have it marked. Its been that way since the first beta. I assume it is coming in a future release.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey deadbolt, you can do 1) right now. I just hit the 'watched' button on my remote and it gets marked.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by glbrown
Hey deadbolt, you can do 1) right now. I just hit the 'watched' button on my remote and it gets marked.
Was this done while you were watching the show? Are you sure it wasn't 'watched' already?

I've tried that several times & it doesn't do it for me. I can only mark it as watched at one of the menu screens.

- Andy
Old 03-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

yep, I just checked it again before I posted. I usually option back to the menu and hit watched so that I don't lose my place in the list.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by glbrown
yep, I just checked it again before I posted. I usually option back to the menu and hit watched so that I don't lose my place in the list.
I too hit 'back', to see either the list of recordings or the detail for that show (whichever I happened to be viewing before playing the recording) & then hit 'watched'. If you are able to remain on the playback screen & press ctrl+w (or whatever your 'watched' command key is), then you are getting different results than I am.

Anyone else?

- Andy
Old 03-01-2004, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I think this new functionality is really unfortunate... I'd like the option to go back to the old feature of marking it watched when it had been essentially watched. Unless a show runs late, I never watch to the end because it's just credits and commercials.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I misspoke and I apologize. The watched command doesn't seem to do anything while the show is playing full screen. While in the recordings menu, watched does change the show to watched. I am always using watched and favorites buttons at the menus.

Sorry guys.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Administrator

If a show isn't watched all the way to the end, you have to perform some action to end it, usually pressing some button on the remote. How about a new simple command: 'Done' -- it marks the show as watched & backs out of it. Of course, those of you with macro capable remotes can already do this...

- Andy
Old 03-01-2004, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

To me, having played 28.5 minutes of a 30 minute show counts was 'watched'. I'd rather not be required to dedicate a button on my remote to 'watched + back'.

There must be a way to just put an option in the properties file to control how much watching counts as watched.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

What is the advantage of having a show shown as watched anyways? I never really got that future.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Shows marked as watched are the first to be deleted if free space is needed. When the feature works, there is no need to delete shows manually unless you don't plan to watch them at all.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:49 PM

It also tells Sage that you "Like" the show. So if you use Intelligent Recording it will try and record similar shows.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Plus if you use Intelligent recording if something is marked watched Sage is not going to record it again on its own.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:51 PM

I think a show will never be recoded again if it is watched without IR too. Unless it is a manual recording.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

What happens if I set something to watched and don't like? Does don't like completely negate watched and then apply don't like on top of that negation? I hope so.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Same thing for favorites, or any type of recording other than manual I suppose -- once it is 'watched' SageTV won't record it again.

- Andy