SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Can't see SageTV server from HD200

I can connect to the SageTV server (apparently) since the HD200 reports the Sage server as found but I can't see any of the resources on the server. No tuners, recordings or anything else. The file system browser reports and invalid directory on the server as well as my WHS which holds most of the media except Sage recordings. I must have something not configured quite right but I've been through the docs and the menus for hours and can't seem to get this thing running. Any suggestions?

Please note I am running SageTV 6.5.?.200 on the Sage server. The system information on the HD200 shows SageTV version 6.4.?. Does the HD200 have an internal SageTV program running? I updated the firmware upon turning on the device and all went well. I get the internet videos just fine but can't see anything on my WHS server or the SageTV server. The guest account in WHS has access to everything and there is no firewall on the SageTV server. Windows file system is enabled and the placeshifter thingy is enabled in STV.

If there are any more detailed instructions on how to configure this thing please point me in the right direction. I'm not adverse to RTFM but there isn't much that comes with the device.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure when you set up the HD200 you went and set up the enabled windows server and put in the workgroup your WHS is in. Also try browsing to a directory on your WHS after you do that. It should ask you for a user name and password. This will make sure you can access your Sage server. Also if you are running 6.5 on the server after you get it configured properly make sure you load the default SageTV3.xml in the same you would on any client. From the Detailed Settings menu.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Sage User

The windows server is enabled and the workgroup is correct. Browsing to my Sage server or the WHS server produces the same error (invalid directory). I have SageTV client running on another PC and it can access the Sage server just fine. Oddly enough the HD200 can browse to another PC in the same workgroup but not the one that runs the server. Got any other suggestions?

Just looked through the forum and discovered the trick to getting the beta firmware. I upgraded and now can connect to my WHS and see the media there. Still can't seem to connect to the sage server, recordings or the tuners etc.

Last edited by dgeffs; 01-06-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeffs View Post
Still can't seem to connect to the sage server, recordings or the tuners etc.
Do you have Windows firewall turn on or any software firewall that could be blocking the Extender connections to the Sage Server ???
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage User

No firewall is enabled on the SageTV server. Network access has been granted to everyone but the dog and I can use the file system browser to access folders on the server although I do have to enter a username and password. In addiiton that password doesn't stick so if I navigate away from the folder I must enter it again.