SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Spontaneously Minimizing

Ever since the last cycle of betas I've been noticing that Sage has been spontaneously minimizing to the task bar during playback. This occurs maybe 1-2x per day. I didn't notice this before.

I currently run in VMR9, FSE. Tweak UI has been set to not allow other apps to steal focus. No screen saver or task bar balloons allowed.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I can replicate this daily by turning on livetv at 8am and sometime between 11am and the afternoon, Sage will drop out of FSE and minimize while playback continues. Maximizing the window brings everything back but this is very annoying.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if it is related at all, but I had this happen a while back. It was either after installing Cyberlink PDVD 7 or ArcSoft TME (can't remember which, sorry).

Anyway, the auto-updater/update-checker (for whichever software it was) that ran as a service would cause Sage to minimize to the task bar whenever it ran its little update check. Disabling the update service and stopping the application from running during startup fixed the problem for me.

Take a look to see what applications have an update checker that runs periodically. Might be your culprit.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I currently run in VMR9, FSE. Tweak UI has been set to not allow other apps to steal focus. No screen saver or task bar balloons allowed.
Sounds like you have an app trying to steal focus. Because of your TweakUI settings instead of it taking focus Sage sees it as another app trying to access the FSE screen and minimizes. Change your TweakUI settings first to see if that fixes it. If it does you need to track down what app is trying to steal focus and see if it is necessary to run. It could be an app in the system tray or it could just be an app running in the background. Alot of times these can just be prevented from loading until they are needed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post

I haven't tried using TweakUI as you have, but I do use VMR9 with FSE, and I have found that with FSE enabled, the only way for another app to steal focus is to minimize Sage to the tray. FSE doesn't handle task switching very well (try hitting CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manager when Sage flakes out and you will see what I mean).

I have found several programs that will cause this to happen whenever they happen to run. One is the HDHomerun updater, another is the AVG Antivirus notifications. I had to disable all notifications in AVG and turn off the automatic updates in HDHomerun.

Check to see if you have any programs running automatic updates, disk backups, virus scans, etc. around the time the problem happens.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I do have the HDHR software but I can't see where I can turn off automatic updates. I decided to exit the tray icon for now. I don't have AVG but I do have PDVD and TMT so either could be attempting to steal focus I guess. The issue is that they aren't supposed to be able to due to the TweakUI setting.

I haven't seen this problem before and I had all of these programs before the last series of betas so I think Sagetv might be at fault or it could be hardware related too as I just upgraded my Mobo.