SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Some edl files not being noticed

I finally re-installed Dirmon2 with comskip and processed all my files. Worked fine and SageMC saw all the CS marked files.

I then reverted back to the default stv (with.. dynamic,comskip-playback,etc). All the previously generated edl files are working as expected...
BUT all newly generated edl files are not being picked up by the default SageTV. ?

I noticed that on all previously generated files I have edl,.my,.properties files generated (I was using SageMC at the time). I think this is messing things up but have no idea how to fix. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Go into detailed Setup-Customize-Comskip Playback Options and make sure that comskip auto skip commercials is enabled.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the suggestion - but that was set to enabled.

It looks like my assumption that SageMC created the .my & .properties files was incorrect. Looks like the RW_metadata import created these with the default stv. I'm still not sure if this has anything to do with it but it's curious that all the files which the edl's CAN be read also have the .my & .properties files.

Any other suggestions ... property files to check?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
I'm still not sure if this has anything to do with it but it's curious that all the files which the edl's CAN be read also have the .my & .properties files.
The two are not directly related, but do have the same requirements as far as file access is concerned. If your not getting .my/.properties files created on the new files then you may have a file access problem that is preventinting the .edl files from being read.

Maybe a bit more detail about your setup might help.
OS? Local, Mapped or UNC recording directory? UI running on Server, Client or Extender?

John
Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Maybe a bit more detail about your setup might help.
Server: XP-pro, Default stv (NO imports), Dirmon2 processing comskip on 2 HDDs. Note:Comskip has been extracted to the c:\programs folder (not within the sagetv dir structure).

Clients: 2x-XP-pro, Both using UNC paths, Stvi's=DynMenu, Comskip, IMDB (which is not working - 403 error). This is the current status but rw_metadata, rss, etc was previously installed.

thanks - rob
Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

The update from here should fix your IMDB problem.

Check in the Recording Detail for a recording that doesn't work and find the path that SageTV thinks the recording is located and make sure that it is a UNC path and that you can access the .edl file using that path.

John
Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the imdb fix.

Damn, I noticed (after actually checking) that I was not set up for UNC paths. It's been awhile since I used comskip due to the .ts development. So... I changed over to unc & still did not work. THEN I read your reply and checked the path in detailed info & it obviously reads M:\ (not unc)

I have a feeling I'm digging a deeper hole for myself I assume the unc path was my initial issue (although it worked fine with SageMC?). Now I'm stuck with essentially changing the path of all my past recordings.

I'm almost there!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm almost there!
I just quoted myself ....So I'm now there. I just used the "move recordings" topic in the FAQ to let sagetv know of the unc path change. Picks up the edl's fine now.
Thanks Jerry & John for your time.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
THEN I read your reply and checked the path in detailed info & it obviously reads M:\ (not unc)
It would work defined as M:\ as long as path to the recording is the same on the server and the clients. Many people find it's easier to use UNC path to get all the paths matching.

John