SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Must HD-PVR be connected to WHS box?

This may be a really dumb question with an obvious answer, but I'm trying to do some initial setup work on my client prior to going full-blown WHS/client. I have the HD-PVR set up on the client machine and it works fine via TME, but I can't get Sage to recognize that there's an HD-PVR attached to the client. Is it simply that it MUST be attached to the WHS box with the Sage WHS software installed?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Tuners must be connected to the server, or else the client machine needs a full copy of SageTV to act as a network encoder. SageTV Client cannot directly use tuners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Great.. thanks. That solved getting the HD-PVR deteced by Sage. Now, I'm selecting "component+spdif", but I can't seem to get past the "Please wait for the video preview to load" part. It just sits there forever.

I'm using 6.4.8 on both the client and the server. I'm using the latest 1.0.5.3 drivers from Hauppauge and the SPDIF connector is connected to the INPUT. I have uninstalled using HCWCLEAR numerous times. I also tried the 1.0.3.47 Hauppauge drivers with no luck. I ensured I updated Arcsoft to the latest version via the automatic updater. I have reverted to the stock Sage STV and get the same results. Also, I added these two lines to the sageclient.properties file while doing some research in the forums:

videoframe/ac3_audio_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Audio Decoder
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Video Decoder

This is my first attempt at adding any capture card. Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved. It helps if you have the directories defined correctly! There was an error message showing up, but it was blazing by so fast I was never able to read it.

Last edited by Skirge01; 12-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM

Follow-up to what solved your problem

Could you please detail out what steps you took that you think actually solved the problem? I am having the same issue and am just getting started with going through the forum for all of the pieces to this puzzle.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

What exactly are you seeing/not seeing? I had a couple of issues, so I'm not sure which one you're referencing.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:48 PM

HD-PVR setup issue.

I am able to get the Total Extreme capture to work with the box, but I am unable to get Sage to display any video. I have wrestled with the drivers a couple times now and have fiddled with the rendering engine setting in Sage. I can repeatably get a Video display error when attempting to set it up with Sage, or I can get it to not show anything but a blank screen. I am new to setting up Sage so it may be that I have not setup the rendering codec with Sage correctly. I tried a few things myself, then did a quick search of the forum, ran across enough issues and your post seems to be the closest to a knowledgeable solution.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Does the video preview load when you add the HD-PVR as a source?

Are you trying to play back video on the WHS box or the client?

What are your entries for the video decoders?

Are you using SPDIF? If so, ensure you have the cable hooked up to the OUT IN of the HD-PVR. As strange as it may seem, the wrong connection will prevent any VIDEO from displaying.