SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator

I'm reposting this & deleting my previous post because you were probbaly typing while I was typing & may miss what I posted right before you...

For the third time: check your channel mappings for the QAM tuners. You are probably mapping the SD versions of the QAM channels to the HD station names. Check the other QAM channels that the scan found to see if one of them is the HD stream. If you find it, then map that one to the NBC HD station name.

If there is no QAM HD feed for NBC, using your station name example, then the cable company may not be broadcasting the HD feed for NBC in clear QAM.

And, be sure to map the SD version of QAM NBC to the SD station name or it might interfere with your ability to tune the HD version... maybe that is what is happening anyway.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Opus,

OK, I'll check that.

Question: if I go into the channel lineup for one of the 2250 tuners and click on the VIEW button; regardless of the remapping, will it show me what the tuner is receiving? Meaning, if I did remap to a bad channel, will it still show me what the tuner is receiving and not the remapped channel?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_H View Post
Question: if I go into the channel lineup for one of the 2250 tuners and click on the VIEW button; regardless of the remapping, will it show me what the tuner is receiving? Meaning, if I did remap to a bad channel, will it still show me what the tuner is receiving and not the remapped channel?
It will always show what the physical channel number is tuning, which may not be the same as the station name it was mapped to. That is exactly why I'm guessing that the station mappings are incorrect.

That's actually the way to do QAM channel remapping: view the channel to see what it is & then remap to that station name.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Opus,

OK, you may be on to something (duh)....

It looks like I'm only getting SD from the VIEW. However, it looks like I mapped more than one QAM channel to NBC HD (the scan found two). So I'm going to remove the sources and start all over.

I get 79.1 = CBS
80.16 CBS
and 2.542 = CBS

My guess is that only one of these is HD, however, I remapped them ALL to the CBS HD channel......
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

SWEET!!!!!

That was it Opus....thanks

The 2250 had found two channels for say NBC. I (in error) mapped both of them to the NBC HD channel, when really one was HD and the other was SD. For whatever reason, the 2250 displayed the SD only.

Now, I've rescanned, mapped the HD channel from the 2250 to the HD channel in the EPG, and the SD to the SD. All is well now.

My bad......thanks for all the help.....
Old 01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranzaz View Post
This is lengthy, so please bear with it.

Here is what I have done that seems to work:
Great guide Dranzaz, helped me a lot !
Thank you!
Oh one thing i did after step 4, a step 4b)., if you want, i backed up the whole sageTV directory , just in case i mess something up at remapping, i do not have to wait that long scanning again....
Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've followed these steps, but now I'm getting an odd case where the QAM channels, usually the HD ones, don't have program data. Or if they have it, it's incomplete.

Example: Channel 2 is WGBH Boston. Channel 2-2 is WGBH HD. They both say Show A, but the HD channel doesn't have any of the data filled in, such as show description, the fact it's first run, anything. Only the show name. So it makes it impossible to say record all first run HD shows of Scrubs, etc. Because according to the guide there is no first run HD version of Scrubs.

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
I've followed these steps, but now I'm getting an odd case where the QAM channels, usually the HD ones, don't have program data. Or if they have it, it's incomplete.

Example: Channel 2 is WGBH Boston. Channel 2-2 is WGBH HD. They both say Show A, but the HD channel doesn't have any of the data filled in, such as show description, the fact it's first run, anything. Only the show name. So it makes it impossible to say record all first run HD shows of Scrubs, etc. Because according to the guide there is no first run HD version of Scrubs.
See almost any of my recent posts in this forum for info on how to remap the channels in that situaiton, or see the section titled "Remapping Stations for EPG data using ATSC or QAM Digital Tuners" in the SageTV v6.5 PDF manual.

In short: Use the Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel option to map the channel to proper station name.

- Andy
Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

How I remapped my QAM channels on a HVR 2250

I just posted a How to that my help someone

Original Post : http://forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38759

Post to my How to: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?p=336835&postcount=13

Hope this helps someone.

Scat